GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who to sign, who to sign??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/04/04 at 22:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So now the red scum from london have stolen our trophy for a year until we. as always, win it back it's time to look forward and start to think about who you want your team to sign for the next campaign.

Personally i want United to sign a central defender, right back, right winger and top class striker.

For me some ideal signings would be Carlos Puyol from Barca, Lucio from Leverkusen, Rafael Van Der Vaart from Ajax, Jaoquin from Betis and Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid. Would cost quite a princely sum but for supposedly the richest team in the world that should be no problem if the board really are serious about winning our trophy back for next season. I wouldn't mind seeing brazilian wonderkid Diego arrive after seeing a few of his teams games on the tv as well. He looks quite a handful and would bring two things with him we've lacked all season, creativity and attacking flair.

Course after saying all that Fergie and the board will probably buy up a bunch of primary school kids and tell us *wait until 2015 and we'll be the powerhouse of football* like they usually do while messing about with some big name signing who decide they have had enough of the second rate business dealings and go sign for someone else so we then have to rush around and buy a lesser talent.

So anyway who do you want your team to sign?
Mon 26/04/04 at 12:58
Regular
One of my posts from 2 weeks ago which ansewers it pretty well:

Cech and robben are already agreed, who will be next, i think we'll sign at least 3 or 4 more.

The cut list:

1.Sullivan
2.Rice pudding Man (although his antics amuse me, so if he does well in the next few weeks i may give him my permission to stay)
3.Babayaro- He's just there
4.Bogarde- Give him a new contract chelsea ! i dare you just to show how rich we are- in case somebody hadn't noticed!
5.Desailly- one of the ones i want out most, one we feel we have to play but needs replacing- Chivu please.
6.Melchiot- I actually want to keep him but i have a strange feeling that he has been told he is goilng already, Shift geremi to reserve right back/utility player.
7.Gronkjaer- the most erratic player on the planet with no possible exceptions, one in ten games he is zidane,figo, ronaldo, beckham, pele et al combined, the remaining 9 games he plays like one of us.
8. Zenden- Didn't want him to go out on loan this season, he has and has been really good, but can't see him competing with Robben on the Left
9. Hate to say it Joe Cole- Really like him, don't think he has been given a fair chance at all, but if we're not going to play him and IF he is unhappy i don't think we should stand in his way.
10. Petit-8 choice
11. Stanic i suppose, like him as a character and appparently he is very popular, but never going to play for us again methinks
12. Hassebaink- jimmy would be snapped up, can probably score 25-30 if he plays every week one careful owner, newcastle call shotgun.
13. Gudjohnsen- Gud money Mutu is better and i can't see gudjohnsen forming a partnership with any of our current strikers.

You've gotta full team there!

GK.Sullivan
LB.Babayaro
CB.Desailly
CB. Melchiot
RB. Stanic
LM. Zenden
RM. Gronkjaer
CM. Joe Cole
CM. Petit
CF. Gudjohnsen
CF.Hasselbaink

That should make the uefa cup!

Ins we need baring in mind my ruthless cutting:
GK -Cech (arranged)
CB -Chivu or somebody similar a strong charcter who is under 25/26
LB -Random Youngster who looks like they have potential but won't want immediate first team football.
-Back up left footer/ top notch young midfielder/ forward in Arjen robben
Right midfield- Valeron/Joaquin this is the only essential signing the need for a right midfielder is glaringly obvious. Beckham if going, doubt it, rather have joaquin in a way as he is younger, but having the england captain and right mid would be pretty cool!
Maybe Ronaldo if we can but its a bloody long shot and would probably mean cutting crespo too.

Recall forssell.

Next years team:

Cudicini (cech back up)
Johnson
Gallas\Chivu
Terry
Bridge
Joaquin\Valeron
Lampard
Makalele\parker\veron
Duff (robben when injured or rested)
Forsell\Crespo
mutu\Robben

That would be how my team would look for next season, though you never know what big players might beome available. I feel this would give us a lot more stability and allow the players to thrive.
Mon 26/04/04 at 12:52
Regular
well man utd fans there is no point in debating it, we know how it works. Man utd see a good player bid a quater of his actual value and then sulk when barca or chelsea nab them.

Wait till chelsea, barca, real and the italian big boys are finished and you can pickwhat you want from the remains before passing the dodgy ones onto liverpool, hohohohhohoho.
Mon 26/04/04 at 12:47
Regular
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Mexes would be a decent signing but he would cost a bit, heard that
> his current club want in the region of £30-40 million Euros
> which is fair bit.
>

i heard 5-6!

he's good but not outrageously immense yet, needs a bit more experience
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:55
Regular
"Monochromatic"
lalakersrule wrote:
> How'd he annoy you then?

I seem to remember him going on about how PSV were going to wipe the floor with Newcastle because we crap, how i laughed when we knocked them out.
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
How'd he annoy you then?
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
lalakersrule wrote:
> since when is 25 old?

He was 25 a couple of weeks ago, but he p*ssed us off so he's not coming to newcastle now.
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:46
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I'm thinking of Bosvelt...I'll be quiet now.
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
since when is 25 old?
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Kezman is a little old
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I know we're looking at rivaldo, but personally i would have liked matejah kezman, that was until his comments about us before we kicked his @rse out of the uefa cup.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.