GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who to sign, who to sign??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/04/04 at 22:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So now the red scum from london have stolen our trophy for a year until we. as always, win it back it's time to look forward and start to think about who you want your team to sign for the next campaign.

Personally i want United to sign a central defender, right back, right winger and top class striker.

For me some ideal signings would be Carlos Puyol from Barca, Lucio from Leverkusen, Rafael Van Der Vaart from Ajax, Jaoquin from Betis and Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid. Would cost quite a princely sum but for supposedly the richest team in the world that should be no problem if the board really are serious about winning our trophy back for next season. I wouldn't mind seeing brazilian wonderkid Diego arrive after seeing a few of his teams games on the tv as well. He looks quite a handful and would bring two things with him we've lacked all season, creativity and attacking flair.

Course after saying all that Fergie and the board will probably buy up a bunch of primary school kids and tell us *wait until 2015 and we'll be the powerhouse of football* like they usually do while messing about with some big name signing who decide they have had enough of the second rate business dealings and go sign for someone else so we then have to rush around and buy a lesser talent.

So anyway who do you want your team to sign?
Wed 28/04/04 at 01:34
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> So now the red scum from london have stolen our trophy for a year
> until we. as always, win it back it's time to look forward and start
> to think about who you want your team to sign for the next campaign.
>

Lol this made me laugh.. i wouldn't get so cocky yet you know Chelski could end up winning it next year or we could retain it DO NOT write us off we are not the same team in the past.
Tue 27/04/04 at 20:23
Regular
"Baros!!!"
First thing we need to resign Barry and Angel. After we tie up deals with them I'd like to see a couple of defenders, 1 midfielder and another striker.

Possibilities:

Defender: O'Brien, Newcastle will probably want something high for him, but don't forget that Sir Bobby did sell Solano for cheap. Probably got no chance of getting him, but he'd be a good addition

Defender: Balde, Looks like a good defender for Celtic. Be great if we could agree a deal with Celtic, but can't see it happening.

Midfielder: Izzett, I think we've already got him lined up in the summer. Should have no trouble in tempting him.

Striker: Kezman, great player at PSV and he wants to come to England. If we can snatch the 4th place and get Champions League then he may be tempted.
Tue 27/04/04 at 18:35
Regular
Looks like Arsenal have 15 million or so.. we can't spend 20 million though can afford Van Persie, maybe a defender and Goalkeeper and we're pretty much sorted.
Tue 27/04/04 at 18:11
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Bob_Monkhouse wrote:
> Martins will not be leaving Inter in the summer

Everyone has a price.
Tue 27/04/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Don or†ega wrote:
> I'd rather have Martins, Gilardino, or Cassano ahead of Fernando
> Torres. Surely another striker will be signed if Forlan leaves.
> Although you never quite know with fergie. He'll probably go and
> sign another central midfielder :s
>
> If we could have one (likely) player for each section of the pitch i
> would have puyol in defense, Van Der Vaart in mid, and Martins in
> attack.

Martins will not be leaving Inter in the summer, but the legend Vieri will be packing his bags at the end of the season. Inter have decided to have a youthful, pacing attack, and vieri no longer fits the bill, as well as him slamming the manager and other notables at the club.
Mon 26/04/04 at 23:01
Regular
I'd rather have Martins, Gilardino, or Cassano ahead of Fernando Torres. Surely another striker will be signed if Forlan leaves. Although you never quite know with fergie. He'll probably go and sign another central midfielder :s

If we could have one (likely) player for each section of the pitch i would have puyol in defense, Van Der Vaart in mid, and Martins in attack.
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:23
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:

>
> I would sell Gronkjaer as well, because as has been mentioned before,
> for every good game he has, he has at least 5 average ones.

average thats a bit of a complement!

>
> All the rest can go, except maybe Desailly as well. I think he's got
> one season still left in him, although he is having a troubled time
> right now. And until Huth and Glen Johnsen have matured, Chelsea need
> his experience at the back.

desailly lost it over a year ago, i wanted him out before i heard about Roman as i was scared he'd ruin the immense galas terry partnership.

Gudjohnsen is good but i can't really see a place for him in the big new chelsea,we can have 2 prolific strikers rather than just one. Mutu is better really.
Mon 26/04/04 at 18:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Gudjohnsen is easily Chelsea's best forward right now. Personally, I'd sell Mikael Forssell, although not because I doubt his ability; just because I know that he doesn't want to be a bit-part player in any club, and could rake in a fair amount of money. Although I suppose just shoving him out on loan again would probably be a better option as Chelsea don't really need the money.

I would sell Gronkjaer as well, because as has been mentioned before, for every good game he has, he has at least 5 average ones. Bringing in Joaquin, Valeron or Beckham would deem him needless, and therefore it would be wise to sell him. However, right now, he's the best Chelsea have on the right, inconsistent as he is.

All the rest can go, except maybe Desailly as well. I think he's got one season still left in him, although he is having a troubled time right now. And until Huth and Glen Johnsen have matured, Chelsea need his experience at the back.
Mon 26/04/04 at 16:41
Regular
"Colourless"
Don't sell Gudjohnsen... Are you mad? He's like our best player at the minute. I wouldn't sell Gronkjaer either, although many disagree, I think he's one of our most dangerous players. I would keep Joe Cole just for the future.

The rest can probably go.
Mon 26/04/04 at 16:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ant wrote:
> Yeah, Mexes and Cisse please. Boumsong would be nice too but I think
> he's turned us down...

He's signed for Rangers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.