GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who to sign, who to sign??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/04/04 at 22:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So now the red scum from london have stolen our trophy for a year until we. as always, win it back it's time to look forward and start to think about who you want your team to sign for the next campaign.

Personally i want United to sign a central defender, right back, right winger and top class striker.

For me some ideal signings would be Carlos Puyol from Barca, Lucio from Leverkusen, Rafael Van Der Vaart from Ajax, Jaoquin from Betis and Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid. Would cost quite a princely sum but for supposedly the richest team in the world that should be no problem if the board really are serious about winning our trophy back for next season. I wouldn't mind seeing brazilian wonderkid Diego arrive after seeing a few of his teams games on the tv as well. He looks quite a handful and would bring two things with him we've lacked all season, creativity and attacking flair.

Course after saying all that Fergie and the board will probably buy up a bunch of primary school kids and tell us *wait until 2015 and we'll be the powerhouse of football* like they usually do while messing about with some big name signing who decide they have had enough of the second rate business dealings and go sign for someone else so we then have to rush around and buy a lesser talent.

So anyway who do you want your team to sign?
Thu 29/04/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
He was pretty amazing in the recent Barcelona win at Real

Seems like the type of defender who would die for his club.
Thu 29/04/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well the Spanish are just an over rated team, period however Puyol is a permed God
Thu 29/04/04 at 12:13
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Aha. You see, I think Puyol's vastly over-rated, for both the team and country that he plays for...

:P
Thu 29/04/04 at 12:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Solskjær wrote:
> I agree with us needing a new centre-back, a more-experienced
> right-winger and perhaps another goal-scorer too, but I don't see why
> many people seem to think we need someone other than Gary Neville to
> play right-back?
>
> Is there really anything wrong with him?
> Could we really by anyone that much better?

Carlos Puyol, i'd much rather have the permed spaniard operating on the right then Neville. I won't be having a heart attack everytime Carlos got the ball in defence with a defender around him.
Thu 29/04/04 at 11:59
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Solskjær wrote:
> But we do still need another 'van Nistelrooy' in
> our squad for when the big Dutchman is out of the side, I feel. This
> was proven against Portsmouth. Saha's a talent, but he just can't
> hold the front-line in that way.

I don't agree with that, the problem lies with the creativity from midfield rather than the strikers even Ruud isn't getting the service he needs that has been proven by the number of goals he has scored in recent months (before his lengthy spell on the sidelines)

Scholes has been playing out of position a lot this season and Ronaldo is the only other 'real' creative player but he is still developing. Giggs is our main creative midfielder but he has been so inconsistant this season, his end product has been very poor in a lot of the games this season.
Thu 29/04/04 at 11:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree with us needing a new centre-back, a more-experienced right-winger and perhaps another goal-scorer too, but I don't see why many people seem to think we need someone other than Gary Neville to play right-back?

Is there really anything wrong with him?
Could we really by anyone that much better?

Does it really even matter if we could?!
Just look at Arsénal - two over-rated full-backs in Hole and Lauren; yet, look where their team finished this season, UNBEATEN. ;D

Gary Neville is still just as valuable to us as Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs or even Ruud van Nistelrooy (not that he'll be leaving either). With all the young and less-responsible 'foreigners' who seem to be gradually filling all our gaps with Sir Alex's short-sightedness, he's just the kind of dedicated, give-it-your-all man we need to show them the way when Keano is no longer around.

It's like I've said before: he's under-rated, if anything.

But we do still need another 'van Nistelrooy' in our squad for when the big Dutchman is out of the side, I feel. This was proven against Portsmouth. Saha's a talent, but he just can't hold the front-line in that way. And Solskjaer's spent so-long on the sidelines, with his growing versitality, I'm not sure he even knows where his best position is anymore!

Saying that, if Ronaldo continues to grow-up like he seems to be doing a little better, and we do get another forward, will we still need another wide-man [and I'm not talking Mark Viduka, here!]?
Wed 28/04/04 at 22:24
Regular
"Colourless"
Well we bid £84.1 Mill for him, and that couldn't get him. I'd say he has no price.

Arsenal got Van Persie. Ugh.
Wed 28/04/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Not really, it would just be a hell of a lot more than your average 'high priced player'
Wed 28/04/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Colourless"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Bob_Monkhouse wrote:
> Martins will not be leaving Inter in the summer
>
> Everyone has a price.

Except for Raul.
Wed 28/04/04 at 19:43
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Another good buy for us would be Wright-Phillips.

I wonder how much he'd cost if Man City got relegated. I'd also like us to go after Earnshaw from Cardiff. I think him and Angel would be a great partnership.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.