GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/04/04 at 14:38
Regular
"SOUP!"
Short Story Competition 3

I’m not wasting any time in setting the next title for the short story comp. The subject is:

‘The Well’

It’s quite an open one so it shouldn’t be restrictive at all. Hopefully it can have a range of different genres applied to it.

The Rules

* Please try to keep your stories under 1500 words, it’s a short story competition, not a novel writing epic.

* Put SSC3 before your story name in the topic title so I know which stories are entries (e.g. ‘SSC3 – The Well’)

* Don’t call your story ‘The Well’

* Only one entry per user please

* Have your entry posted before midnight on Friday 7th May

Good luck to everyone who decides to enter, I look forward to reading your stories

Update:
The Winners
After a lot of careful reading and countless minutes of careful pondering I have come up with the list of winners for the contest. In reverse order:

3 - Ineedsleep - Dead Diary
Excellent use of 'the well' and a very imaginative and involving tale.

2 - Black Glove - Zora's Wish
An undeniably fantastic tale with brilliant use of language and overall a perfectly rounded short story.

The Winner - Grix Thraves - The Water Hole
A brilliant comical and well written tale with a such a sharp sting in the tail that even Steve Irwin couldn't handle it.

This means that the next contest, SSC4, will be set and judged by Grix Thraves - I trust he will set us something fantastically bizarre to write about

Well done to everyone who entered, the vast majority of the stories were very good and it honestly was very difficult to choose a winner.
Sat 08/05/04 at 12:59
Regular
"SOUP!"
The winners have been decided - see the original post.
Sat 08/05/04 at 12:58
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Paradox: wrote:
> can you lick me please?

Aha...god I'm bored.

I'm going to sleep.
Sat 08/05/04 at 12:40
Regular
"SOUP!"
can you link me please?
Sat 08/05/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
You haven't commented on mine!
Sat 08/05/04 at 12:29
Regular
"SOUP!"
I think I've read and commented on every story that's been entered now.

The judging begins.
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:44
Regular
"SOUP!"
The competition is running until midnight tonight so if you plan on entering then hurry yourself up.

Glad to see pb and meka making a stylishly late entry.
Thu 06/05/04 at 09:29
Regular
Hehe.

You need to write a story first to be voted for! ;-P

You've got till tommorrow night.

As to me, I can't get a story going around a well so I'll wait until the next one. :-)
Wed 05/05/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Thanks Strafio.
;)
Wed 05/05/04 at 02:17
Regular
The whole point is that it's meant to be the topic choosers favourite story, rather than the critically acclaimed best.

But a "What did you think was best?" poll, for interests sake would be good. I know who I'd vote for. :-)
Tue 04/05/04 at 21:54
"possibly impossible"
I'm still trying to get time to write. argh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.