GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/04/04 at 14:38
Regular
"SOUP!"
Short Story Competition 3

I’m not wasting any time in setting the next title for the short story comp. The subject is:

‘The Well’

It’s quite an open one so it shouldn’t be restrictive at all. Hopefully it can have a range of different genres applied to it.

The Rules

* Please try to keep your stories under 1500 words, it’s a short story competition, not a novel writing epic.

* Put SSC3 before your story name in the topic title so I know which stories are entries (e.g. ‘SSC3 – The Well’)

* Don’t call your story ‘The Well’

* Only one entry per user please

* Have your entry posted before midnight on Friday 7th May

Good luck to everyone who decides to enter, I look forward to reading your stories

Update:
The Winners
After a lot of careful reading and countless minutes of careful pondering I have come up with the list of winners for the contest. In reverse order:

3 - Ineedsleep - Dead Diary
Excellent use of 'the well' and a very imaginative and involving tale.

2 - Black Glove - Zora's Wish
An undeniably fantastic tale with brilliant use of language and overall a perfectly rounded short story.

The Winner - Grix Thraves - The Water Hole
A brilliant comical and well written tale with a such a sharp sting in the tail that even Steve Irwin couldn't handle it.

This means that the next contest, SSC4, will be set and judged by Grix Thraves - I trust he will set us something fantastically bizarre to write about

Well done to everyone who entered, the vast majority of the stories were very good and it honestly was very difficult to choose a winner.
Sat 08/05/04 at 16:22
Regular
Thanks Sleepy :) And everyone else who said something... congrats Glove and Sleepy too, if I hadn't already said.
Sat 08/05/04 at 16:20
Regular
Why do you think I'll set something fantastically bizzarre anyway? I'd much rather set something that can be viewed in many different ways, it's more fun that way.
Sat 08/05/04 at 16:09
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Wow - I made the winners podium:D

Thanks Paradox, it was a hard one to judge.

Congrats Grix.

Black Glove :(
Cheer up though, here's a comforting thought for you. Second place is BEST. You get all the accolades but do not have to do all the work of coming up with a new title and then having to judge and comment on all the entries.

Infact, thinking of it like that I may not enter again, just in case someone slips up and votes a story of mine a winner :)
Sat 08/05/04 at 15:51
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Well done Grix,
Well done Ineedsleep,
Well done Paradox.

Second again! - Obviously there's a conspiracy against me ;D
Sat 08/05/04 at 14:46
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Well done Grixey.

*slips cash sum*
Sat 08/05/04 at 14:22
Regular
Black Glove's was my favourite too.
So well written.

I get the feeling that Grix'll be a more interesting topic setter though, and I get the feeling that Paradox was looking at it that way too! :-D
Sat 08/05/04 at 13:45
Regular
Well done people. :-)
Sat 08/05/04 at 13:37
Regular
Hurrah! Black Glove should have won but I'm sure he won't mind me choosing a topic. :D

..bah. I'll have to think about this.

Oh, and er, thanks for the winning thing. :D I always forget to say thanks...
Sat 08/05/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
As this is the very first short story competetion that I have ever entered I didn't expect to win. I'd just like to thank Paradox who took a a lot of time and judged it perfectly. Well done Sleepy, Black Glove and Grix Thraves!
Sat 08/05/04 at 13:02
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I DIDN'T WIN?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.