GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/04/04 at 14:38
Regular
"SOUP!"
Short Story Competition 3

I’m not wasting any time in setting the next title for the short story comp. The subject is:

‘The Well’

It’s quite an open one so it shouldn’t be restrictive at all. Hopefully it can have a range of different genres applied to it.

The Rules

* Please try to keep your stories under 1500 words, it’s a short story competition, not a novel writing epic.

* Put SSC3 before your story name in the topic title so I know which stories are entries (e.g. ‘SSC3 – The Well’)

* Don’t call your story ‘The Well’

* Only one entry per user please

* Have your entry posted before midnight on Friday 7th May

Good luck to everyone who decides to enter, I look forward to reading your stories

Update:
The Winners
After a lot of careful reading and countless minutes of careful pondering I have come up with the list of winners for the contest. In reverse order:

3 - Ineedsleep - Dead Diary
Excellent use of 'the well' and a very imaginative and involving tale.

2 - Black Glove - Zora's Wish
An undeniably fantastic tale with brilliant use of language and overall a perfectly rounded short story.

The Winner - Grix Thraves - The Water Hole
A brilliant comical and well written tale with a such a sharp sting in the tail that even Steve Irwin couldn't handle it.

This means that the next contest, SSC4, will be set and judged by Grix Thraves - I trust he will set us something fantastically bizarre to write about

Well done to everyone who entered, the vast majority of the stories were very good and it honestly was very difficult to choose a winner.
Sat 24/04/04 at 14:38
Regular
"SOUP!"
Short Story Competition 3

I’m not wasting any time in setting the next title for the short story comp. The subject is:

‘The Well’

It’s quite an open one so it shouldn’t be restrictive at all. Hopefully it can have a range of different genres applied to it.

The Rules

* Please try to keep your stories under 1500 words, it’s a short story competition, not a novel writing epic.

* Put SSC3 before your story name in the topic title so I know which stories are entries (e.g. ‘SSC3 – The Well’)

* Don’t call your story ‘The Well’

* Only one entry per user please

* Have your entry posted before midnight on Friday 7th May

Good luck to everyone who decides to enter, I look forward to reading your stories

Update:
The Winners
After a lot of careful reading and countless minutes of careful pondering I have come up with the list of winners for the contest. In reverse order:

3 - Ineedsleep - Dead Diary
Excellent use of 'the well' and a very imaginative and involving tale.

2 - Black Glove - Zora's Wish
An undeniably fantastic tale with brilliant use of language and overall a perfectly rounded short story.

The Winner - Grix Thraves - The Water Hole
A brilliant comical and well written tale with a such a sharp sting in the tail that even Steve Irwin couldn't handle it.

This means that the next contest, SSC4, will be set and judged by Grix Thraves - I trust he will set us something fantastically bizarre to write about

Well done to everyone who entered, the vast majority of the stories were very good and it honestly was very difficult to choose a winner.
Sat 24/04/04 at 15:37
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Cool, similar to the last one but opens it up for people to be very original. I've got an little idea making its way around my mind.
Sat 24/04/04 at 16:12
"period drama"
I could just re-enter my last one - seeing as that had a well in it as well

Muh.
Sat 24/04/04 at 16:27
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
That just wouldn't be creative though FFF, and we've come to expect more from you.
Sat 24/04/04 at 16:29
"period drama"
Ashman wrote:
> That just wouldn't be creative though FFF, and we've come to expect
> more from you.

I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.
Sat 24/04/04 at 16:54
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> * Only one entry per user please

Hehe.

Not everyone manages to write something as good as "Spice" first time round you know! ;-P
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:28
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
The Legend of the Mysterious Well

In a small boring country lay a small boring city and in it lay a small boring town and this town was called Zamkastad. Nothing ever happened in Zamkastad. The people wanted a little bit of excitement more than anything but nothing ever happened that was worth noticing. Until one day a young girl called Aaroi suddenly dissapeared. This caused the whole city to be scared and shocked but nobody did anything about it.
Then an amazing piece of evidence was found by a news reporter called Akkaw. He saw some large footprints on the ground and stupidly decided to follow them. He followed them out of the town until they stopped at a small well. He looked closer at the well and saw that 'Aaroi' was painted in blood. He screamed and before he could turn around he was pushed into the well.
Two days later the people of Zamkastad were getting very worried. There was a murderer on the loose. So a top team of detectives had to investigate. There were called Arthy, Ariac and Addeir. They followed the footprints to the well and saw two names written in blood on the side of the well this time. They were 'Aaroi' and 'Akkaw'. The detectives stared into the well and noticed that there was some more writing on the side that said: 'I will kill all with 'A' until I kill the one called Abay.' One of the detectives ran as fast as he could and got away but the other two stayed and thought about it. Then they turned round and were faced with a horrible sight but before they could scream they got pushed into the well.
Once Addeir reached the town he ran into the palace and shouted to the king 'The killer will kill everyone until he kills your daughter!!!' The king and his daughter, Abay, stood up looking shocked. The king thought this was outrageous and ordered the guards to kill the man.
The next day, Abay went missing. The king looked everywhere for her until he saw an old shed which was locked. He ordered the guards to open the shed and when he walked in, he was faced with a horrible sight. Abay was dangling from a rope. She had hung herself. She obviously knew that she was going to die so she commited suicide so that nobody else would die before her. So for hundreds of years the whole town was shocked by the legend of the Mysterious Well.

By Wakka.
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:37
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Wakka - there is no point putting anything in this thread. You are supposed to start a new one labelled SSC3:)
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:41
Regular
"SOUP!"
Strafio wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
> * Only one entry per user please
>
> Hehe.
>
> Not everyone manages to write something as good as "Spice"
> first time round you know! ;-P

Yeah but Meka neglected to mention how many times we could enter. I'm clamping down :-P
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm, a little similar for my liking, but I'll see what rubbish I can rustle up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.