GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Derren Brown Thing Last Night"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/04/04 at 12:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
Did anyone watch this? I intended to set the VCR to record it and forgot, I was out and didnt get back until 11 this morning *throws up traffic cone*

I liked the last series of his stuff, either it's excellently choreagraphed or he is just one exceptional feller. Either way it's usually good watching.

If you watched it, was it just a bunch of randomly assorted 'tricks' or following a constant theme?

Any chance it'll be repeated on E4?
Sat 24/04/04 at 23:25
Regular
"The Red Shift"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> It's not fake, as in everything is staged.
> And it's not real, as in he can read people's minds - because that's
> impossible.
>
> It's just knowing people - how to influence and pick up on what
> people do.

exactly, "real".
Sat 24/04/04 at 19:41
Regular
"\\"
Geffdof wrote:
> Of course its all real. He just does the tricks on sugestible people.

No. He knows what he's doing. He can do it to just about everyone. Ringing a phonebox, then just about as soon as someone answers, making them fall asleep is quite amazing, and funny.
Sat 24/04/04 at 18:02
Regular
"lets go back"
I loved the chess thing last night the way he only actually played against one of the 9 players. It was genius.
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:53
Regular
It's as real as it can be, and brilliant too. Still think his Russian Rullette was better. Best 3 minutes in television ever. :-D
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:25
Regular
"lets go back"
Of course its all real. He just does the tricks on sugestible people. There is probably the odd one that doesnt work so they wont put it in the show. If you watch carefuly you can usually see how he sugests things on the simple tricks like picking a card. Some of the more complicated tricks are harder to fathom out tho.
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:23
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> It's not fake, as in everything is staged.
> And it's not real, as in he can read people's minds - because that's
> impossible.
>
> It's just knowing people - how to influence and pick up on what
> people do.

I don't think it could have been put better than this. Derren Brown himself says that he is not a psychic, he has just has studied his profession hard and knows how to influence different people in different ways.
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
Flockhart wrote:
> I knew there was something i forgot to watch, is this a series or a
> one off ?

There's six parts to it i think.
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:15
Regular
It's superb, and all real.
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:08
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I knew there was something i forgot to watch, is this a series or a one off ?
Sat 24/04/04 at 16:44
Regular
"The State"
To win, you must destroy all the opposing Army's forces on the Mission you are currently playing, or their Headquarters in that area. In special Levels, you can

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.