GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Derren Brown Thing Last Night"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/04/04 at 12:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
Did anyone watch this? I intended to set the VCR to record it and forgot, I was out and didnt get back until 11 this morning *throws up traffic cone*

I liked the last series of his stuff, either it's excellently choreagraphed or he is just one exceptional feller. Either way it's usually good watching.

If you watched it, was it just a bunch of randomly assorted 'tricks' or following a constant theme?

Any chance it'll be repeated on E4?
Tue 27/04/04 at 10:44
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Take for example the trick on the grey hound track. He paired with a man and together they chose the dog they think would lose each time.
At the end of the race, Derren took the worthless ticket to the window and done his work to draw money.

When the man hands the ticket over and the lady checks it she quite comfortable tells him that it is a losing ticket. Derren then quite abruptly interupts and tells the lady that it is the winning ticket.

The lady becomes confused looks for a 'way out' and anything that can help her find a way out she will do. So she follows Derrens command.

The state of confusion makes her very persuasive, readable and gullible.

This is the same for almost all his mind tricks.
Remember the ghost train owner? Derren made him afraid of his own ghost train. He made the bloke confused and sub-consciously remain hypnotised for the ride sp when he emerged from the ghost train at the end he didn't know what to do.

As for asking a guy to pick a word from the Oxford dictionary and tell Derren just the page, column and line of its location, thats just Derren's photo-reading.

Very useful.
Sun 25/04/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
No, I didn't. I did see Russian Roulette, however. Fascinating how Darren Brown selected someone who he could trust to not try and save him, and predicted the correct bullet.
Sun 25/04/04 at 16:22
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Did you see his last series
Sun 25/04/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, it's TV, it's meant to be liked and watched. What amazed me there, though, was the way that he managed to play 9 masters against each other and remember all 9 masters' moves. Not only a genius, but also a man with a great memory.
Sun 25/04/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Insert Gently"
I liked the chess trick...and the guy at the phone box
Sun 25/04/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The man is genuine in my opinion. What he does actually seems real, and he doesen't seem like a con man. The trick involving the Cabbie didn't look that geniune, I must admit, but the cabbie may have been overawed by the Brown's presence.
Sun 25/04/04 at 13:01
Regular
"thursdayton!"
CTUbauer wrote:
> I'm still skeptical. I bet if he tried it on me, it wouldn't work. But
> that's my point - he only does it on suggestible people, so it's
> nothing amazing really.

Everybody is suggestable, to a point. When I saw him Live, he would chuck a ball randomly into the audience to pick someone to come up on stage. He didn't scan the crowd for "suggestable" looking people, he worked with what he got.
Sun 25/04/04 at 10:01
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
What Darren Brown does is use psychological techniques, bewildering people and using mathematics. When he beat the chess masters, he basicaly copied all of his adversaries' moves on opponents so they were in theory playing each other, so it would look like he had won an amazing victory.

The way he did it was very complicated, but he still found a way. It may sound like cheating, but he uses tricks of the mind to achieve amazing things.
Sun 25/04/04 at 09:57
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
I'm still skeptical. I bet if he tried it on me, it wouldn't work. But that's my point - he only does it on suggestible people, so it's nothing amazing really.
Sat 24/04/04 at 23:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It is all real - nothing you see is scripted or acted out.

I've seen him live too.. he's funking amazing I tell you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.