GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Derren Brown Thing Last Night"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/04/04 at 12:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
Did anyone watch this? I intended to set the VCR to record it and forgot, I was out and didnt get back until 11 this morning *throws up traffic cone*

I liked the last series of his stuff, either it's excellently choreagraphed or he is just one exceptional feller. Either way it's usually good watching.

If you watched it, was it just a bunch of randomly assorted 'tricks' or following a constant theme?

Any chance it'll be repeated on E4?
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
Did anyone watch this? I intended to set the VCR to record it and forgot, I was out and didnt get back until 11 this morning *throws up traffic cone*

I liked the last series of his stuff, either it's excellently choreagraphed or he is just one exceptional feller. Either way it's usually good watching.

If you watched it, was it just a bunch of randomly assorted 'tricks' or following a constant theme?

Any chance it'll be repeated on E4?
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:59
Regular
"The Red Shift"
it was on last night?

balls...
Sat 24/04/04 at 13:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It was very good.

The chess thing I kinda had figured though.

*is clever*
Sat 24/04/04 at 13:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Started off with a man picking up a phone from a phone box, then listening to it, and then collapsing on the floor.. No idea how that was done.

Then Derren made a London cabbie forget what the London Eye looked like, and where it was. Derren got him to drive right up to it without the cabbie knowing where it was.. funny, but not amazing.

Some on the street stuff next. He got a random girl to "mind-read" this random guy who was thinking of a friend's name. She got "John" to start off with, then started talking about corridors, and rooms leading off in a hospital. The guy's name was John Ward, which she eventually got.

He did a bit with Stephen Fry who was pretty funny. He got Fry to choose a random card from a spread out deck while he wasn't looking. Derren lit up, and got Fry to check where his card was in the deck, but the card was gone and had been replaced. Suddenly, Derren starts coffing, takes his rollup out his mouth - he'd been smoking Fry's card :)

Something else on the street about Derren guessing how many fingers people held up behind their backg, and then by getting them to guess how many fingers he had held up behind his back.

Finally he assembled about 10 chess boffins and managed to win the majority of the matches, by playing them all at the same time, and playing them against each other, in a complicated series of remembering moves and repeating them against each other.

And then right at the end, the guy lying on the floor in the phone box got up slowly and walked away. Not a bad show.
Sat 24/04/04 at 13:27
Regular
"SOUP!"
Do you think it's all staged then or real?
Sat 24/04/04 at 13:29
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i think it's "real".
Sat 24/04/04 at 13:32
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
It's all fake. Simple.
Sat 24/04/04 at 13:49
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Its real. I went to one of his shows and the guy is so damn sharp. He did a few incredible things involving mind reading and then spelling out the name of a dead loved one of an audience member using a ouija board, it was all very involving an freaky. You almost thought there was another presence in the room at the same time.

The show last night was okay, and the Chess thing was very good, and funny to see how the other players were baffled.
Sat 24/04/04 at 16:34
"period drama"
It's not fake, as in everything is staged.
And it's not real, as in he can read people's minds - because that's impossible.

It's just knowing people - how to influence and pick up on what people do.
Sat 24/04/04 at 16:44
Regular
"The State"
To win, you must destroy all the opposing Army's forces on the Mission you are currently playing, or their Headquarters in that area. In special Levels, you can

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.