GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New NGC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/03/05 at 16:19
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Picked it up this afternoon.

Starfox getting a low 70's mark along with Street racing syndicate.

DS release games reviewed. Mario 64, Wario ware, Project rub, Zoo keeper and Polarium coming out trumps. Rayman, Asphalt and Sprung getting no more than 2 out of five. Then Spider-man and Mr Driller somewhere in the middle. Also a nice bunch of previews.

NGC provide a nice Pictochat animation masterclass so you can create your own 30 frame 'flickbook'.

All the other Cube reviews I cant remember but 'Neighbours from hell' got 12/100.
Go buy it kids!

DS tips books on the cover and Resi half walk-through.
Mon 21/03/05 at 17:08
Regular
Well, seeing as I loved TS2, I'll love TS3 too then.

As long as there's not like 80 diffferent soldier characters to play as again.
Mon 21/03/05 at 17:13
"period drama"
That was just rubbish.
Who'd want to play as one of several thousand slightly-differently-shaded boring soldier types when you can be a dinosaur or a cardboard-box robot or snowman?

Idiots, that's who. And they don't even count.

The only other problem NGC had was that the opening story levels are pretty rubbish. Although the story overall is most excellent, which makes a change.

But it's all about the Arcade leagues / Challenges and multiplayer.
Mon 21/03/05 at 22:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> That was their main problem with it - just how similar it was compared
> to TS2. I'm sure that if TS2 didn't exist, 3 would get well into the
> 90s.

My faith is restored. Gives me something to play post-Resi, although I can see myself playing through that again straightaway.
Mon 21/03/05 at 22:58
Regular
"be destroyed"
what is ts2
Tue 22/03/05 at 00:16
Regular
The story levels are just a minor part of Timesplitters game, so even if they were utter cack it really wouldn't matter.

Gotta say though other than the opening level in the future, the levels I've seen looked really cool. Especially that Zombie castle level where you fight some undead moose thing, oh and that blatant hint at Goldeneye level set on the train.

Can't wait for this game! should be fun online too. If only to play as a ninja monkey and whoop fat Americans as they run around wondering where the jump button is.
Tue 22/03/05 at 09:00
Regular
"8==="
The online play shall rule muchly.
Tue 22/03/05 at 10:53
Regular
Yup.

For once we have a game on Xbox Live where the diffrent skins actually look different instead of just a colour of clothes change. Hopefully people won't take the game as seriously as they do stuff like Halo 2. How on earth could you take a game seriously where you can play as zombie monkeys and large octopus like fish?

I'm really looking forward to the Arcade and Challenge modes also. Been playing through TS2 again this week and they really are excellent, frustratingly hard at times but you always get the feeling that you're making progress because of the shear amount of stuff to unlock.
Tue 22/03/05 at 12:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> frustratingly hard at times but you always get the feeling
> that you're making progress because of the shear amount of stuff to
> unlock.

And it's a great feeling when you 100% complete it :)
Tue 22/03/05 at 16:42
Regular
I nearly had 100% on TS2 when I had it on Cube.

I just couldn't get a gold on that challenge where you snipe the melons off the monkeys heads. Oh and I couldn't get any further than Neo Tokyo in sotry mode on hard difficulty.
Tue 22/03/05 at 16:49
Regular
"the burning sky"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I nearly had 100% on TS2 when I had it on Cube.
>
> I just couldn't get a gold on that challenge where you snipe the
> melons off the monkeys heads. Oh and I couldn't get any further than
> Neo Tokyo in sotry mode on hard difficulty.

If you knew all the monkeys came out the same hole it would have been easier! I have 8 characters to unlock. They best be already unlocked on TS3, tis so tedious, just to unlock the characters.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.