GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What was the song that made your life better?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/04/04 at 19:57
Regular
"BringMeToLife......"
What is the song that made your life better ?, what is the song that made you change your attitude in life I think that songs are very convincing ways to express what you really feel so If there's a song that changed your life I would be glad to know it
Fri 23/04/04 at 20:44
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Probably [I]History[/] by the Verve.

Nickelback are one of the worst bands in the history of music. They're only just surpassed by Girls Aloud.
Fri 23/04/04 at 20:44
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Probably [I]History[/] by the Verve.

Nickelback are one of the worst bands in the history of music. They're only just surpassed by Girls Aloud.
Fri 23/04/04 at 20:45
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Oh dear, double posted and filthed up the italics. I'm all over the shop today.
Fri 23/04/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Double post to reinforce the point. :)

No song really changed my life, but 'Disposable Heroes' by Metallica really made me realise that a) Militarised societies do not work, and b) The more people who get killed in a war, the more pointless it is.
Fri 23/04/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
What? You needed a song to work that out?

I'd have thought just reading a few history books would have said as much
Fri 23/04/04 at 20:53
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It made me more aware of the fact. Plus it has a really good guitar solo in it. :)
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Flockhart wrote:
> Life changing i'm not sure about, but something that has stuck with me
> was going into a record store looking for grace by jeff buckley after
> it being recommended, listening to just the first minute of mojo pin
> and deciding to buy immediatley, probably my best ever impulse buy.

Grace = Near perfect album. He was an absoloutly amazing singer/musician. Wodnerous stuff.

Anyway. One day, I borrowed Machina: The Machines of God (Smashing Pumpkins) off a friend. I listened, and liked. Gave it back. Few months later, I borrowed Siamese Dream. Then I was interested. Got Gish, Mellon Collie, Adore and Machina, as well as Pisces Iscariot. I listened (still do) incessantly, and then one day, it clicked. I don't know why or how, but I found myself realising something in the music, something that worked in my mind. It fitted into the way I feel about the world. Then I listened to Stand Inside Your Love on Machina more. And it just absoloutely blew me away. Utterly beautiful love song.

Other songs have really changed things in terms of feelings -

Good Things/Everything Has It's Point Today - Rival Schools
Lipstick Stigmata - Elliott
Words - Doves
98.5% of Smashing Pumpkins music.

Them mainly in terms of actual feelings. Other bands, such as Rage and Pearl Jam, I just love because they rock. But the Pumpkins will always (I hope) be special to me because they showed me music is more inexplicably wonderful than almost anything. Stand Inside Your Love just exemplified this, and still does.
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:18
Regular
"Nickelback no. 1 fa"
Nickelback-How you remind me!
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:20
Regular
"lets go back"
$nickelback$ wrote:
> Nickelback-How you remind me!

What a surprise.
Sat 24/04/04 at 09:11
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
$nickelback$ wrote:
> Nickelback-How you remind me!

Yes, what a shame the lyrics don't contain the term 'This is how you remind me of how spastic you are, I wish I could run you over with my car'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.