GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Death Penalty"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/10/03 at 20:08
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
Who agrees with the Death Penalty. I perosnally would like to see it come back for cases of Murder, Child molesering and so on. I know people say yo can get the wrong guy, but if complex detective worked is first carried out, I belive that all the Sickos should get fried! Whats you guys opinions?
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Does the bible not also state "turn the other cheek"?

So on one hand it advocates revenge to be the answer to wrong doing, and on the other says not to be baited by such aggressive behaviour?
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
G-Virus wrote:
> Bane Wrote:
> "The death sentence is no different from murder.
> two wrongs don't make a right."
>
> I agree on the 2 wrongs part. But I believe that the death sentance
> is not murder. Becuase the murderer etc is getting punished. many
> relgious people agree 23 becuase in the bible it says "An eye
> fro an eye and a tooth for a tooth" meaing that whatver you do,
> say kill someone, you get it doen back to you, ie: Get killed.

The Bible also teaches forgiveness. Funny how that little message gets forgotten, isn't it?
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:39
Regular
"smile, it's free"
@ng3l wrote:
> So you’re saying that a murderer has the right to take someone’s life
> and then has the right to live his life! Totally wrong. NO matter how
> much counselling they have it does not change the fact they have
> ended someone’s life.

And no matter how harsly you punish them, you'll never bring that person back to life either. Not all murders are calculated cold-blooded killings.

If someone kills, does that mean they should be punished for the rest of their life?

Revenge is essentially petty. On a larger scale, it's just easier to justify, that's all. I'm not saying forgive and forget, but the justice system shouldn't be based on the desire of victims of crime to see people suffer.
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:40
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
I think some of teh problems that lead to such crimes are probably either Drugs or peer pressure. I would not put a young kid (like the Bulger case) on death row becuase they are not fully devolped and they MIGHT change. Therefore, mabye only repeat offenders, or serial killers should get death sentacnes.

The deatgh sentance is hard subject to discuss, perhaps teh hardest, as there are many possible different opinions and beliefs
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:45
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
What about jealousy, partner beating, greed, moments of rage etc? There is no one motive for murder, and to link all murder to drugs and peer pressure is nothing short of ignorance.
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:47
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
I agree
Thu 23/10/03 at 14:47
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
@ng3l wrote:
> So you’re saying that a murderer has the right to take someone’s life
> and then has the right to live his life! Totally wrong. NO matter how
> much counselling they have it does not change the fact they have
> ended someone’s life.

No. I'm saying that I no longer believe a death penalty would be any deterrant to the vast majority of criminals. Consideration has to be given to each case indivdually depending on circumstances.

Say:

A man kills another man, on purpose, in a fight.

A woman kills her husband, who hits her, but she purposely planned and comitted his murder.

With a death penalty both could fry/die.

Bet you anything @ng3l that there'd be more people wanting the woman to be spared than the man, and that's because it's impossible to seperate emotions from how people view situations. It's remarkably easy to want the death penalty for people, but not so easy when you find out about the details of actual cases. In addition our legal system often seems to have trouble getting the right person in some cases, say all you want that "we'd always be sure they were guilty" but the jury was sure people were guilty in every miscarriage of justice there has been.

For crimes like Child Molesters/Pedophiles such a harsh penalty would do more harm than good. Say, as some seem to want, you make serial child molesters/pedophiles/abusers face the death penalty. Now suppose that one of these people takes a child, or is abusing one in secret. Do they;

a) release the child/let the child live, with the risk of the death penalty
b) kill them and hide the body ensuring there chance of capture is limited at best.

Yes, many do kill children already, but bring in the death penalty and you'll see it rocket.

In addition to all this I feel it's wrong to write off every single person who has taken a life, it's not always going to be someone you don't want in society. After all, we don't keep soldiers locked up do we ? Soldiers are not murderers (though some would probably debate that) but they certainly takes lives of others, and when necessary they receive help for their experiences.

I think, now, that the better solution to crime is to root out the causes of it where possible - give people a reason not to commit it rather than just building bigger prisons.
Thu 23/10/03 at 15:16
Regular
"All about the Beats"
G-Virus wrote:
> I agree

Me too
Thu 23/10/03 at 15:20
Regular
I have to do "the death penalty (capital punishment)" for my general studies project that is to be presented in fron of the entire sixth form. Hurrah.
Thu 23/10/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
Surely it wouldn't be impossibly to create a system for the sorting of murders.

And wardens shouldn't be needed. Just create a prison controlled by computers. And Magnets. With daily floggings.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.