GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 vrs Playstation"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/02/01 at 13:31
Regular
Which is the best N64 or Playstation?

It has got to be the N64!!!

I leave YOU to choose.
N64 or Graystation?
Tue 17/04/01 at 20:26
yeh i think so too!
Tue 17/04/01 at 21:02
well maybe ........ but maybe that depends on where you put it i think it looks better vertically cause my friend has it squished into a small space but maybe when its on a table or summat but anyway any responses on my debate topics and not just how the PS2 looks
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:25
any1 who wants to follow this up their was an older topic the same which mite prove an interesting read
thought no 1'll read any replies
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:25
Why does The Playstation have an 'X' in PSX? Why??? Wot has the 'X' got to do with the word 'Playstation'??? I know! Its to represent the babish 'X' button on the gamepad!
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:29
Ant said: > 'And the N64 has lots of sequels as well'
Not 'LOTS'
It has 4 Turoks which isnt too bad but stuff like ridge racer 7 and final fantasy 12 is just outrageous and stupid!!!
+ at least the N64 ppl are wise enough to change the actual 'name' of the game if they're making a sequel.
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:34
well craig ur not %100 right n64 has very little games with a sequel with a number after it they at least give it a name e.g. Banjo tooie
zelda majorcas mask
the only 1 i can think of is turok
but playstation has loads
spyro
final fantasy
ridge racer
crash
e.t.c. u know theres more but just cause we don't know them doesn't mean they don't exist
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:35
Names. The N64 has a way better name. Tells us that the great console has 64-bit graphics while the puny playstation can only manage 32-bit graphics. The playstation sounds like some train set made by sony!
No seriously.
The logo is rubbish too. N64 logo, big 3D logo shaped in an N, which shows us the power of the 64. The playstaton can only manage a half-3D, half 2D logo. Just shows how little power it has.
True?,or True?
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
Meeky wrote:
> Names. The N64 has a way better name. Tells us that the great
> console has 64-bit graphics while the puny playstation can only
> manage 32-bit graphics. The playstation sounds like some train set
> made by sony!
No seriously.
The logo is rubbish too. N64 logo, big
> 3D logo shaped in an N, which shows us the power of the 64. The
> playstaton can only manage a half-3D, half 2D logo. Just shows how
> little power it has.
True?,or True?

The name N64 is actually very unoriginal.

And also, who the HELL cares about logos!!! Is that the best argument you can think up of?? Oh yeah, and the old 'sequels' argument.

And the PSX had a 'puny' 32-bit because it came out before the N64.

The N64 now has a 'puny' 64-bit while the PS2 has 128-bit.

So, I would say false.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
Meeky wrote:
> Why does The Playstation have an 'X' in PSX? Why??? Wot has the 'X'
> got to do with the word 'Playstation'??? I know! Its to represent
> the babish 'X' button on the gamepad!

LOL!!

I could say the same thing about the 'babyish' A. B, and c on the D-Pad on N64. Perhaps it's to help all N64 fans to learn the alphabet!!

But, that wouldn't be true, would it?? Just like I don't see why the X on the gamepad is babyish.

*Ant laughs at Meeky's meek arguments*
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
And who cares about numbers???

Every sequel to FF has been really different, and they've continued to call it Final Fantasy because othwerwise no one would recognise it!!

If the next FF sequel came out under a different name, some people wouldn't know it was an FF game!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.