GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 vrs Playstation"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/02/01 at 13:31
Regular
Which is the best N64 or Playstation?

It has got to be the N64!!!

I leave YOU to choose.
N64 or Graystation?
Sun 15/04/01 at 19:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Playststion but GC compared to Playstation 2!
Sun 15/04/01 at 22:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
Sniper wrote:
> How have sony made the gaming world when it shouldn't of even
> entered it??

Why shouldn't they've entered it?!?!?!?!

Was there a LAW stopping them from entering??

That has to be the must stupid comment I've heard in a long time. Think up of a better argument, Snipe.
Sun 15/04/01 at 22:34
playstations are okay but there is just a couple of things wrong with them
1. LOADING LOADING LOADING n64 has no loading
2.NEED to spend more money on a multitap and even still few games have 4player multiplayer ir n64 TWINE HAS 4PLAYER multi while the playstaion doesn't even have a multiplayer
3.because the playstation has been bought by so many really young childern then loads of babyish games like rugrats and toystory come out and a bugs life e.t.c.
4.cd's scratch too easily
5.i saw my friend playing a game for ps1 and i could not belive how many POP UPS and 2d trees there were!
6.n64 came up with an original name!
so thats why the playstaion isn't very good
Sun 15/04/01 at 22:38
oh and ant if you compare say a game on both consoles eg the world is not enough the ng4's graphics are far better and the ps1 doesn't even have a multiplayer.especially in the Hi-colour which the expansion pack enables
and if you compare ANY playstation game with DK64 you see a huge diffrence
Sun 15/04/01 at 22:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
Actually, Nintendo have the reputation of being a kids console, as a lot of their games have cartoony graphics.
Sun 15/04/01 at 23:00
Ant, if u actually put ur brain into gear, u can see that N64 is called the N64 becouse it has 64-bit graphics, while the rectangular box (the playstation) has 32-bit graphics
Sun 15/04/01 at 23:02
yeah i was going to mention that that but just because games have cartoonie graphics doesn't mean their babyish and as i don't know many playstation games i'll just say this
toy story
toystory2
rugrats
rugrats
rugrats (i don't know the individual names)
a bugs life
antz
the emperors new groove
TELETUBBIES you cannot get more babyish
i need not go on although i could

Sun 15/04/01 at 23:07
Another prob with the playstation, sorry, graystation is the number of games they have. Yes they do have lots more then N64 BUT half of them are stuff liek this:
Ridge Racer 1
Ridge Racer 2
Ridge Racer 3
Ridge Racer 4
Ridge Racer V
Ridge Racer 6
Ridge Racer 7
Ridge Racer 8 Let me remind u - Ridge Racer is the worst racing game - EVER!!!!

Then: Final Fantasy, up to Final fantast 12 or something
that proves it. Playstation cant think up of any more new games so they just add a 6 or something on to an old game
HOW STUPID!!!!!
Sun 15/04/01 at 23:10
well although i hate playstation craig u talk rubbish the original final fantasies were 4 the snes :-( ps2 only had ff7,8,9 and it did not have 10 ridge racers
Mon 16/04/01 at 11:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hmmmmm.......

The old sequels argument, eh??

What about all the Mario's??? banjo Tooie is a sequel, right???

You can;t use that argument, especially if RR is the only game you can think up of.

And yes, I TINK I KNOW THAT IT HAD DOUNLE THE BIT, but it didn't really show it.

Anyway, I'm off back to the FOG forum, where I am a well respected regular.

Oh yeah, there were only 4 RR's on PSX, and from FF5 and down they were all on the SNES.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.