GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 vrs Playstation"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/02/01 at 13:31
Regular
Which is the best N64 or Playstation?

It has got to be the N64!!!

I leave YOU to choose.
N64 or Graystation?
Mon 16/04/01 at 11:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
Kickasskelly wrote:
> yeah i was going to mention that that but just because games have
> cartoonie graphics doesn't mean their babyish and as i don't know
> many playstation games i'll just say this
toy story
toystory2
>
rugrats
rugrats
rugrats (i don't know the individual names)
a
> bugs life
antz
the emperors new groove
TELETUBBIES you cannot
> get more babyish
i need not go on although i could

True, but I don't buy those games.

The difference is that those games are MEANT for kids, where as Nintendo have the kiddie reputation as even games like CBFD have cartoonie graphics.
Mon 16/04/01 at 11:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
Meeky wrote:
> Another prob with the playstation, sorry, graystation is the number
> of games they have. Yes they do have lots more then N64 BUT half of
> them are stuff liek this:
Ridge Racer 1

> Ridge Racer 2
Ridge Racer 3

> Ridge Racer 4
Ridge Racer V

> Ridge Racer 6
Ridge Racer 7

> Ridge Racer 8 Let me remind u - Ridge Racer is the worst racing game
> - EVER!!!!

Then: Final Fantasy, up to Final fantast 12 or
> something
that proves it. Playstation cant think up of any more new
> games so they just add a 6 or something on to an old game
HOW
> STUPID!!!!!

Sequels are good if:

They have better graphics, new gameplay features and a new plot.

All the Final Fantasys have that, and so do the Crash's, the Spyro's and GT2 had lots of new features.

And the N64 has loads of sequels as well.

And the last line is so stupid I'm not gonna even bother responding to it.
Mon 16/04/01 at 13:23
yeah but with games like CBFD you get swaring e.t.c so thats definitely not babyish and other cartoonie craphics like mario party may be slightly babyish but its still great fun and i cannot think of any other cartoonie games which don't involve violence. also cartonnie graphics avoid the playstation's problem of SMUDGED faces
Mon 16/04/01 at 13:26
Ant wrote:
> Hmmmmm.......

The old sequels argument, eh??

What about all
> the Mario's??? banjo Tooie is a sequel, right???

You can;t use
> that argument, especially if RR is the only game you can think up
> of.

And yes, I TINK I KNOW THAT IT HAD DOUNLE THE BIT, but it
> didn't really show it.

Anyway, I'm off back to the FOG forum,
> where I am a well respected regular.

Oh yeah, there were only 4

> RR's on PSX, and from FF5 and down they were all on the SNES.

i already said that ant! why say it again oh and in future don't reply quoting messages because its annoying
Mon 16/04/01 at 14:50
Regular
"I like cheese"
Kickasskelly wrote:
> yeah but with games like CBFD you get swaring e.t.c so thats
> definitely not babyish and other cartoonie craphics like mario party
> may be slightly babyish but its still great fun and i cannot think
> of any other cartoonie games which don't involve violence. also
> cartonnie graphics avoid the playstation's problem of SMUDGED faces

Yeah, I know, there's nothing wrong with cartoonie graphics.

I was just pointing out that your comment about the PS2 being babyish also applied to the N64 but in different ways.

Oh yeah, sorry about pointing out Meeky's mistake, but I felt it was such a stupid comment it had to be pointed out twice. :D
Mon 16/04/01 at 21:37
okay debating about babyishness is getting boring cause people don't buy the babyish games! so lets try a new topic how about why sony didn't make their PS1 re-release clear or clear coloured like the N64
Mon 16/04/01 at 21:54
sorry about this ant and others but i had to get a new name cause the other 1 didn't work so all the timothykelly1989 and kickasskelly messages r from the same person (me suprisingling enough)
Tue 17/04/01 at 09:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
Actully, that's a good topic.

Sony didn't really advertise the PSOne, did they?? Nor did they change it around much, apart from it being a lot smaller.

In fact, I didn't see one advert for the PSOne on TV.

I also think that the release of the PS2 overshadowed it, which led to poor sales.

I didn't get a PSOne mostly because it wasn't much different from the PSX, and I'd just got a PS2 anyway!

So, what do you think??
Tue 17/04/01 at 10:50
well my friend got a SNES when i was getting a n64 and he followed suit getting a PS1 when the PS2's comin out and all the cheat carts e.t.c. don't work on it cause their designed for PSX (does that mean original playstation?)
n64's didn't become smaller as that doesn't make them more attractive instead nintendo cleverly redesigned it with a pickachu n64 (popular with kiddies evven those that already had a n64) and the clear cool 1's they could have improved with a horizontal cartridge loading faciity but that would make it difficult to put in the expansion pack

but i think games consoles should be coloured /clear / characterdesign e.g. a SSX Snowboarding PS2 (like the pikachu n64)to start with rather than to boost falling sales when the consoles nearly finished like the GBC did but sony are stupid enough not to learn from the experts at Nintendo who massively boosted sales by clear coloured (a better word?)n64's and the pikachu N64 . Sony copying's not bad if it allows them to learn (even though i proably would call sony copy cats) its just what playstation could do to make its sales go slighty better. The PS2 looks okay when its flat but totally ugly when upright!
Tue 17/04/01 at 20:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
I have a PS2, and I think it looks a lot better vertically!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.