GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/03/09 at 18:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Anyone else experiencing email problems this evening? Tried to access my accounts twice within the last few minutes and the following error was displayed:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'xxxxxxx', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Any suggestions, thanks.
Sat 23/05/09 at 19:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Is there a restriction? And if so, why is Freeola VIP server any different from any other Freeola server?
Sat 23/05/09 at 18:34
Regular
"Become a veteran"
I have an email problem with Freeola's VIP Server - it will not handle emails for non-Freeola-based email addresses!! I have put a Form on a VIP Server which requires data to be forwarded to an address with btconnect.com and another with ntlworld.com. The VIP server will not process emails for these destinations. This is completely unacceptable. Nor can they be auto-forwarded to from a Freeola-based email address.
Any suggestions please, including why Freeola cannot just lift this restriction?
Very many thanks.
Wed 20/05/09 at 18:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Many belated thanks Butch :-)
Wed 20/05/09 at 08:48
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Dragonlance wrote:
> ButchML wrote:
> We know before you say anything.
>
> Edit: Fixed :)
>
> Please elucidate....fixed what?

POP was down for 10 minutes yesterday morning, I was pre-empting the replies that may well have appeared within this thread as they have done in the past.

Oh, the authentication problem from last night is now also resolved. If you, or any clients/friends, are still getting errors get them to type in the correct user name and password combination to get mail running again.
Tue 19/05/09 at 19:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
ButchML wrote:
>
> Edit: Fixed :)

Please elucidate....fixed what?
Tue 19/05/09 at 11:12
"Are you sure?"
ButchML wrote:

:¬P

Service Status

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 19/05/09 at 11:09
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
We know before you say anything.

Edit: Fixed :)
Mon 04/05/09 at 11:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
> I haven't had a need to use my Vista install for a while but I
> was running Smart Security, which includes a firewall and no
> other firewall was enabled. At least they do seem to be doing
> something about it now.

@Eccles

Don't know whether it's a coincidence or not, but at the same time that this email problem has been going, I have noticed that my internet access times is extremely slow - moving from page to page, accessing Google etc etc even when pages are obviously cached. With the recent contact with ESET mentioning Zone Alarm, today I shut down Zone Alarm Pro and used Windows Firewall instead. Internet access is now super fast again, with no lag between page access. You think that Zone Alarm has been the problem all along or is it that it just cannot cope with Vista 64? Ran it with XP and no problems at all.

Think I may dump ZA Pro and use Windows Firewall instead, unless you can suggest an alternative. Cannot be ESET, as I have already two licences and don't particularly want to shell out for yet another licence ie Smart Security. Any thoughts would be appreciated:-)
Fri 01/05/09 at 23:35
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I haven't had a need to use my Vista install for a while but I was running Smart Security, which includes a firewall and no other firewall was enabled. At least they do seem to be doing something about it now.
Fri 01/05/09 at 19:55
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
@ Eccles

Further news from ESET regarding the email problem. I was asked to submit a report using SysInspector about a week ago. The reply arrived to-day:

"Can you un-install the Zone Alarm firewall program and turn on the Windows firewall.

Reboot the computer and see if you are able to receive your e-mails correctly, there may be an issue with Zone Alarm and Eset v4 software, please let me know if this allows your e-mails to download correctly so I can pass the details to the developers."

The suggestion was carried out and wonder of wonders it works!! Not good news for ESET v4. However, I have now returned the good news to ESET.

The plot thickens....we await a solution :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.