GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/03/09 at 18:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Anyone else experiencing email problems this evening? Tried to access my accounts twice within the last few minutes and the following error was displayed:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'xxxxxxx', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Any suggestions, thanks.
Wed 06/04/11 at 19:21
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Hmmm... wrote:
djshrek wrote:
help I cant get my emails to work maybe I am a numpty but please help me I have email freedom windows live 2011

Hi - it might not be you...

Are the accounts new? If they are this latest(!) email problem - see Service Status Page could be related.

If not then please post some more details of the problem.
i.e. Are you receiving but not sending emails? Any error messages etc.?

I've checked the email address for you and it's not affected by the current issue with newly created addresses.

Without knowing the exact problem your having I suggest you have a read through this guide and see if that helps.

If not, might be best to send through a Support Ticket making sure to include any error messages/codes along with the settings you are currently using......
Wed 06/04/11 at 18:45
"Are you sure?"
djshrek wrote:
help I cant get my emails to work maybe I am a numpty but please help me I have email freedom windows live 2011

Hi - it might not be you...

Are the accounts new? If they are this latest(!) email problem - see Service Status Page could be related.

If not then please post some more details of the problem.
i.e. Are you receiving but not sending emails? Any error messages etc.?

NB. A new post (to save confusion) for your issues may have been an idea ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 06/04/11 at 18:19
Regular
Fri 26/06/09 at 09:18
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
lonerdon wrote:
> Hiya , can someone help me out with email account setting, i did
> set an account with my domain name but finding it difficult to
> send out mail from same account but could receive mails.

From looking into your account I can see that you are not a Freeola internet customer nor are you signed up for Email Freedom which means you would not be able to use the smtp.freeola.net server.

If you would like to use a Freeola SMTP server from your ISP you can sign up for Email Freedom at just £2 per month which will allow you to send through all e-mail addresses at your domain using a Freeola SMTP server as well as giving you access to our webmail site.
Thu 25/06/09 at 21:15
Regular
Hiya , can someone help me out with email account setting, i did set an account with my domain name but finding it difficult to send out mail from same account but could receive mails.
Mon 01/06/09 at 09:17
Regular
"Become a veteran"
Apologies for posting the same query on two different threads - I do not normally have to seek help beyond the excellent Help Desk.
My problem involves two Freeola websites - one hosted on a dial up server, and the other on a VIP server. Both sites contain an identical form and both drive it with an identical .php script. "Identical" means identical, including the recipient e-mail addresses.
The form hosted on the dial up server works perfectly in all respects. The identical form and .php driver on the VIP server only delivers an e-mail of the form's contents to my personal Freeola e-mail address which is there for control purposes. The existence of the other e-mail address (a BT Connect address) is suppressed so data is not being forwarded and my client is not best pleased.
As the form and its script work perfectly on the dial up server, I have adjusted the hyperlink in the site hosted on the VIP server to point to the form and script on the dial up server. Surfers do not see a delay, and consequently my work-around is effective. My client is now receiving the data on the form regardless of which web site the surfer is using.
Clearly, a modification is required to the .php script on the VIP server, and the Help Desk told me to remove the BT Connect e-mail address, and replace it with a specifically designated e-mail address hosted by Freeola, They asked me to redirect data arriving at that designated address to the original BT Connect e-mail address.
I did this using an e-mail address on the VIP server and the forwarding did not work. So I chose a designated address on another dial up Freeola server. Still the redirecting did not work. There is nothing wrong with my redirecting instructions as I made some experiments with other pairs of addresses and the redirecting of those did work.
In accordance with advice received, I am now making this new posting, on what I hope is the correct thread, and I await further instructions.
Sun 24/05/09 at 14:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Warhunt wrote:
> Dragonlance wrote:
> Eccles wrote:
> Are you sending mail using the -f options as detailed
> here?
>
> Reading the 'third-party' options listed, I believe Eccles may
> have solved your problem.....
>
> Indeed, indeed.
>
> However if that did not help or you are still after something
> else please don't hesitate to post again.

Well done Warhunt.....we await Oldun.....the balls in his court, so to speak:-)
Sun 24/05/09 at 12:57
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Eccles wrote:
> here?
>
> Reading the 'third-party' options listed, I believe Eccles may
> have solved your problem.....

Indeed, indeed.

However if that did not help or you are still after something else please don't hesitate to post again.
Sat 23/05/09 at 22:37
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
> here?

Reading the 'third-party' options listed, I believe Eccles may have solved your problem.....
Sat 23/05/09 at 21:30
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Are you sending mail using the -f options as detailed here?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.