GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/03/09 at 18:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Anyone else experiencing email problems this evening? Tried to access my accounts twice within the last few minutes and the following error was displayed:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'xxxxxxx', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Any suggestions, thanks.
Mon 16/03/09 at 18:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Anyone else experiencing email problems this evening? Tried to access my accounts twice within the last few minutes and the following error was displayed:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'xxxxxxx', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Any suggestions, thanks.
Mon 16/03/09 at 18:51
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
Everything seems to be back to normal now, I guess the email server went 'unavailable' for a short while.

Freeola should install some sort of alert mechanism so they know when lots of visitors are checking the Service Status page, as this would be an indication that something's not right ;¬)

Or just setup an email account to check for mail every 5 mins! :¬P

Search Freeola Chat
Mon 16/03/09 at 18:51
Regular
"I like turtles"
My email is working fine,just checked it.I have had this very same problem a couple of times in the past though.On both occasions it fixed itself (so to speak) after a few hours.Sorry couldn't be of more help DL,just thought I'd let you know the problem is obviously not affecting all Freeola mail accounts.

Edit : Hmmm's post wasn't in thread when I wrote this.
Mon 16/03/09 at 19:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks H and Pete, all seems to be as normal a few minutes ago. Access was extremely slow, as if it was thinking about what it was supposed to be doing, and then it 'shot' through. All ok now.

It always seems to happen when you are expecting an important email:-D

Thanks again
Mon 16/03/09 at 20:02
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The POP3 server was unavailable for a short while (by the time someone had typed the status page text it was back up!). We do have monitoring systems in place that check all our services all the time and alert support and systems if there are any problems. I believe support were alerted and contacted the engineers straight away to get this sorted. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Mon 16/03/09 at 21:52
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
> The POP3 server was unavailable for a short while (by the time
> someone had types the status page text it was back up!). We do
> have monitoring systems in place that check all our services all
> the time and alert support and systems if there are any problems.
> I believe support were alerted and contacted the engineers
> straight away to get this sorted. Apologies for any
> inconvenience.

What you reckon to that Hmmm:-)
Tue 17/03/09 at 17:24
"Are you sure?"
Dragonlance wrote:
> What you reckon to that Hmmm:-)

As the email service does go missing from time-to-time I would have a templated message prepared ("Sorry, no email, we're on it!" etc.) so the Service Status page can be easily and quickly updated with just a couple of 'clicks' :¬)

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 17/03/09 at 19:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
>
> As the email service does go missing from time-to-time I
> would have a templated message prepared ("Sorry, no email,
> we're on it!" etc.) so the Service Status page can be easily
> and quickly updated with just a couple of 'clicks' :¬)

Sounds simple Hmmm, good idea - do you think it will be implemented? :-)
Tue 24/03/09 at 18:57
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Since my last post on this thread, I have taken delivery of a new machine which runs Vista.
No real problems so far, but incoming emails over the last few days are 'breaking up' ie half the message arrives, followed by the rest sometime later. The Freeola email servers are reporting errors and some emails are displaying html code within the message making them quite difficult to read.

Is there still problems with the email servers or is Vista and Windows Mail causing this error? Would appreciate any thoughts.
Wed 25/03/09 at 13:08
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
No problems with the mail server. However I am using Windows mail at home and it does exactly the same thing to messages on email accounts that aren't with Freeola. I have NOD32 installed which integrates with the mail client to scan the mail so I suspect it could be that. Do you have a virus scanner installed that does something similar? Otherwise I expect it's just another Microsoft mail client/Vista glitch.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.