GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manga"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/11/01 at 12:35
Regular
Well I guess that other thread got lost while changing servers. So here's a new one for Manga fans to say what films/series's they like, and people should watch!

I'll start it off.

Just come out in the UK recently is Princess Mononoke. WATCH IT! It's great!

:)
Fri 08/02/02 at 21:36
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I dunno what I was watchin', but he kept using higher and higher kao-cannons when he wasn't surpose to. Well sommin' like that as far as I remember! Crazy show! Perhaps I should watch it again, and it might be quite good!

Fri 08/02/02 at 15:50
Dragonball Z is good and at times it can get very slow, like the Frieza saga mentioned, but it was so good to see him come back and get killed straight away ^_^

Luckily I've already seen the next series of episodes and it's going to get very good. Lots more fighting and no messing around. Lots more people getting killed ^_^
Thu 07/02/02 at 22:29
Cooky wrote:
NNNoooooo!

I've seen that
> before!

It's not that gr8 at all really!

It's sooooooooo slow!

Takes
> like a whole week for just one fight scene. Admittily i've only watched it a
> bit, and it seemed quite good, but I could see it getting VERY tiring having to
> wait a week for anything to happen!

Stick to Manga films or QUALITY series's
> like Cowboy Bebop.

Cowboy Bebop being one of the greatest anime series's
> ever!!!

I also finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion recently. That was
> a quality series aswell. The ending was thoroughly bizzare but that’s generally
> what you expect from anime series's!

I bet you saw the episode were Goku was fighting Frieza, I admit that took years to finish. 5 minutes lasted at least 10 episodes, however, it has gotten a lot better than that now and I suggest you watch it if you like that sorta stuff.

p.s I LOVE DRAGON BALL Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 27/01/02 at 19:42
"possibly impossible"
Neon Genesis Evangelion. Its very name sends shivers down my spine and it makes a tingling sound in my head.

Why? Well I watched the series as it appeared on video over here and got completely caught up in it, so mcu so that I went out and got the two movies that make the series ending make sense.

The storyline starts of mostly as all anime seems to, big robots invading town, army sent out to combat it and a little kid, Shinji Akari, caught up in the middle of it. What happens throughout the 26 episodes to come is so much more than the usual Japanese entertainment though. The ending will not really make much sense and even if you do think that you understand it, seeing The End of Evangelion (a movie not yet translated into English) will turn that all upside down,. although it will answer a few things about the series.

Mostly though, the whole series blew me away in terms of story and character development. It's the best anime I've ever seen and I eagerly await a UK DVD release, although the US discs are supposed to be region free.
Sat 26/01/02 at 20:13
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Water_Biscuit wrote:
> I can't believe no one has mentioned Dragon Ball Z yet, it is by far the best
> Manga/Anime, whatever you want to call it, TV program and films ever made.

I
> LOVE DRAGON BALL Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NNNoooooo!

I've seen that before!

It's not that gr8 at all really!

It's sooooooooo slow!

Takes like a whole week for just one fight scene. Admittily i've only watched it a bit, and it seemed quite good, but I could see it getting VERY tiring having to wait a week for anything to happen!

Stick to Manga films or QUALITY series's like Cowboy Bebop.

Cowboy Bebop being one of the greatest anime series's ever!!!

I also finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion recently. That was a quality series aswell. The ending was thoroughly bizzare but that’s generally what you expect from anime series's!

Sat 26/01/02 at 18:22
Manga / Japanese Anime GAMES are fantastic! Such a great laugh!!!
Sat 26/01/02 at 13:11
I can't believe no one has mentioned Dragon Ball Z yet, it is by far the best Manga/Anime, whatever you want to call it, TV program and films ever made.

I LOVE DRAGON BALL Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fri 25/01/02 at 15:28
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I watched Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust 2001 today!

It's a BRILLIANT film!

I advise all anime fans to watch it!

Wed 02/01/02 at 16:42
Tyla wrote:
> How about Thudercats?

Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

> Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors,

That was the one with tanks made out of plants wasn't it, cool.

> Ulysses,

"Ulysseeeeeeeeeeees - No one else can do the things you do" Excelent.

> Battle of the Planets,

I missed that one I'm afraid,

> Transformers, Go-Bots,

Oh yeah, Go-Bots were the poor cousins of Transformers though.

> Mask and Thuderbirds 2015?

Both classics, how about The Centurions??? An under-rated cartoon IMHO! here to go http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Stadium/5838/centurin.htm

> **I miss my childhood**

Ahhh, if only I could have known then what I know now...
Wed 02/01/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Around the world in eighty days was excellent. It had a lion as Willy Fogg and some rodent as his slave boy (Rigodon). There was a film as well. He met this puma woman and got his fill, lucky devil. There was an evil fox who's eye would glint like Lion-O's sword. I think the other one was called 'The Mysterious Cities of Gold'. It was epic! They started off just searching and got embroiled in all sorts of Incan and Aztec follies. Ahhh, I wish I was eight again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.