GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manga"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/11/01 at 12:35
Regular
Well I guess that other thread got lost while changing servers. So here's a new one for Manga fans to say what films/series's they like, and people should watch!

I'll start it off.

Just come out in the UK recently is Princess Mononoke. WATCH IT! It's great!

:)
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
A few days ago i got region 1 dvds of:

Powerstone Vol 1, pretty good and quite faithful to the game. Nice animation and good action.

&

Panda Go Panda, really cutesy anime (one of Hayao Miyazaki's earlier ones before Totoro, Kiki etc)
About a little girl and her adventures with a daddy & baby panda (good one for the whole family)

Has anyone got "Gasaraki"??? If so is it any good?
Sat 23/02/02 at 18:13
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I got some right bargains today.

For £16 I got :-

Dominion Tank Police complete series
Gunbusters complete series
and
Crying Freeman eps 3, 4, 5, 6

:)
Mon 11/02/02 at 11:41
Davey just out of interest how come you still call in manga? Not having a go at your or anything, ^_^ Everyone was guilty of saying at one time, but then Manga Entertainments left and ADV became the bigger company releasing far more animes than Manga Entertainments.

That's why when you look on UK websites like eBay, Yahoo etc, they all have anime sections now which is great ^_-

There's an anime convention soon in Southampton, then another anime convention in September I think. Then another next year. Then there's that new anime club starting in a month or so. Then there's a new anime company on the internet doing UK anime chatrooms/forums etc.

Hopefully one year we'll get the anime channel and radio station. Yay lots of animes to watch and lots of mangas to read.
Sat 09/02/02 at 00:10
sputnik7.com give it a try free manga and great if youve got broadband (smirks)
Sat 09/02/02 at 00:09
i hate to say it but...
i hate lupinIII
castle fo cagliostro and all those used to be on sci-fi instead of what i normally liked and it Peed me off no end.
They're probably good films i just never gave em a chance.
i think that honniamise is great for its visuals and has a great plot.
Sat 09/02/02 at 00:05
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
And yes, i have seen Space Adventure Cobra (though haven't watched it for years now)

Wings of Honneamise (as you mentioned), is a very special film, just superb.

I also suggest any LupinIII titles.
The Castle of Cagliostro is brilliant, and coming very soon to dvd in the U.K. See:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=98981

There are 100s of episodes in the LupinIII t.v series, and some are coming to dvd in the U.S one day.
Fri 08/02/02 at 23:59
im not one for the cutsy manga....
Fri 08/02/02 at 23:57
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Davey, try finding 'My Neighbour Totoro' and 'Kiki's Delivery Service', both A+ anime films.

And i noticed you'd only seen Patlabor 2, you really should watch the original, amazing film (the t.v series is coming out on dvd in the U.S too, the first one is already out)

I can't remember if 'Cowboy Bebop' was on your list, but it is the best anime series i have EVER seen, and you should own it if you have an all region dvd player.
Fri 08/02/02 at 23:48
whats this princess monooke like its got lots of american star voice overs?
Fri 08/02/02 at 23:48
My selection comprises of

Ghost in the shell
Wicked city
Akira
(region 1 tin and region 1 normal 9im not taking that baby out of its plastic wrap!))
Streetfighter animated
Venus wars
Royal Space force -teh wings of honnie wos is nameFist of the fist of the north star
(VCD trying to track that down on dvd its gone out of print)
and ninja scroll.

I just realise how many more i have yet to get.
i want
geno-cyber
vampire d (specially new version)
Robotech macross saga all parts
wind of amnesia
devilman
M.D geist
3x3 eyes
appleseed
detonator orgun aint bad
demon city
how could i forget Golgo 13 the proffesional (classic out this monday!! on r2 gonna get that)
macross plus
megazone 23
patlabors not bad only seen no.2 though
Rg veda (have they finished tthat yet>)
shadow skill wouldnt mind that.
Space adventure cobra if youve seen this REPLY its not often that people have its a great manga that one.

well thats my list of gots and favs.
not too many...

lo goatboy...been a long time... ;)
what is great about manga is the story lines.
Fist of the north star, yes its gorey (excellent fights) but what an ending.
ken walks across the world to find julia and never does and keeps on going .excellent.
Wind of amnesia should be made into a film, its a very western idea (the whole world loses its memory because aliens deem were to much of a threat to our selves and other inhabitants and through the actions of one boy there may be hoper for us yet...).
Wings of honnieamise.Well a film that goes on for threeish hours and its basically about one man finding his place in the world, very good film i think.
Akira i can understand that not many people like it that have never watched manga. Its the one that started it all the one that the sparked the wests interest and so many manga watchers like to promote this a lot, its basically a very heavy sci-fi,technopunk film.

Dc-dvd.net has a huge list of manga but a little pricy and dvdboxoffice.com has lots of cheap ones albeita slightly smaller collection

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.