GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crazy Taxi on the PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 09:55
Regular
Does anyone know if I can get hold of the music to Crazy Taxi? That is sooooooo sweeeeettt!

Also, what's the best way to stop on the PS2 version? The IGN "PS2" guide mentions the crazy stop and limit cut, but these don't work. Also, the cheat to get a speedometer doesn't work, so I suspect the have copied the Dreamcast version's guide. Slackers.

(PS there is also topic on the FOG identical to this)
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:44
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
MrPirtniw wrote:
> Yes, and together we can have a public burning perhaps? A bit
> extreme, but im sticking with a company who thinks about creating
> quality games and not lining its pockets. That's Sony out then.

Sounds like that is every company that makes games. There not going to make a game if they don't make a profit from it.
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:20
Yes, and together we can have a public burning perhaps? A bit extreme, but im sticking with a company who thinks about creating quality games and not lining its pockets. That's Sony out then.
Fri 22/06/01 at 16:58
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
MrPirtniw wrote:
And after playing on their Sony playstations, they sat back on their Sony chairs, drank some Sony tea from their Sony Kettle and watched some Sony TV. The End.

LOL! And they say that advertising is bad, I for one am off to purchase my Sony tea bags and Kettle. :)

Hurrah for Sony and all that they make!

Still thanks to Sony you wouldn't have a walkman, discman, PSx, PS2, TFT etc!

Anything else Sony have come out with that people can think of would be grateful here!
Fri 22/06/01 at 16:05
No way, I remeber when Sony officially revealed that a secound Playstation was in the works. Everyone automatically assumed it would be better than the DC even though no details were released about its specifications, games line up, design-anything! Some of my friends dropped their ideas of buying a DC and said they were saving up for a PS2. THAT's what killed the DC, Sony worshippers who refused to have anything to do Sega or Nintendo.
And after playing on their Sony playstations, they sat back on their Sony chairs, drank some Sony tea from their Sony Kettle and watched some Sony TV. The End.
Fri 22/06/01 at 15:53
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
MrPirtniw wrote:
Some say it's lack of advertising but when it comes down to it i think it's just because Sony has become a "cooler" brand name than Sega.

I don't know about "cooler" I think it has something to do with the fact that Sony brought their console out a good year and a half before the DC came out to tthe market and by this time had built up a brilliant database of games and software companies dedicating most of their time to producing games and not even thinking of doing anything for the DC!

By the time the DC was due for release they were never in with a chance, this also applies to the NT64, too slow in getting into the market and hopefully this'll apply to the X-Box because no one wants to see MS do well!
Fri 22/06/01 at 13:46
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I dont know why Sega failed. I was annoyed with them saying they had stop production of the DC. I have had my DC since launch day and have been happy at all the games that have come out.

I think that Sony from day 1 with the PS1 got it right. They had some arcade conversions and Wipeout which was a new and funky racer. Sony has advertised pretty well and has tried to be the hip console to have.

One thing that Sega kept saying is 6 billion people online. Which really is a load of rubbish as not that many people have DCs, some countries didnt even have Net access e.t.c. We didnt have the 56k modem. If there had been a few more Net modes on games then that would have made a bit of a difference.

But now Sega only make games. Maybe this is a good thing? Sega have always produced some of the best games so now they can produce them for the GC, PS2 and X-Box. Everyone can be happy as it will still be like owning a Sega Machine as you will still have all the games you would have donw on a Sega Console but now you have other games that would'nt have been on a Sega Console.

Can you imagine playing Sonic and Mario on the GC. In the past you had to chose between Sonic(Sega) or Mario(Nintendo) but now you will be able to chose the both for the same console.
Fri 22/06/01 at 13:20
Of course they'd be happy...it means there getting some good games! Ok, so that's not very fair. But I dont think it's fair on Sega to be kicked out of the hardware industry. So we all agree they make fantastic games right? So why did the DC fail? Some say it's lack of advertising but when it comes down to it i think it's just because Sony has become a "cooler" brand name than Sega.
Fri 22/06/01 at 13:11
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I wouldnt bet money on it. Shenmue is a good game but not the best ever. I only played it once and wouldnt really want to complete straight after again. I would play it again now.

I think your being Judgemental about PS2 and Sony. When everone heard that Sega were developing for PS2 they were really happy about getting a load of great games from a great company e.g. Crazy Taxi, Sonic e.t.c.
Fri 22/06/01 at 12:36
It would i tell ya. If Sony created Shenmue it would have been hailed as the best game ever. I'd bet money on it.
Fri 22/06/01 at 09:48
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
MrPirtniw wrote:
> Nah, if crazy taxi 2 came out on PS2 it'd be a very different story. It'd be hailed as another classic.

I dont think it would. I would'nt call it a classic on the PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.