GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crazy Taxi on the PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 09:55
Regular
Does anyone know if I can get hold of the music to Crazy Taxi? That is sooooooo sweeeeettt!

Also, what's the best way to stop on the PS2 version? The IGN "PS2" guide mentions the crazy stop and limit cut, but these don't work. Also, the cheat to get a speedometer doesn't work, so I suspect the have copied the Dreamcast version's guide. Slackers.

(PS there is also topic on the FOG identical to this)
Tue 19/06/01 at 11:47
Well adrian, that's your opinion. But don't you think it's strange that when Crazy Taxi was first released on the dreamcast it sold quite well, but now it's on PS2 its at number 2 in the charts or something. What's going on? My only guess is that the PS2 is considered "cooler" than the dreamcast and not owning one makes you sad. What a tragic waste of an amazing console...
Sun 17/06/01 at 22:45
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
MrPirtniw wrote:
> Why improve an alreadt excellent game for the PS2? SEGA are still
> working on original games for the remaining dreamcast players and
> thats more important than wasting there time trying to make a game
> better on a hostile console. If you want more, buy a dreamcast,
> maybe a secound hand 1 cos we've now got crazy taxi 2! Wahey!

Crazy Taxi 2 for the DC isnt as good as it seems. The Crazy Jump is good and the ability to pick up to 4 people at a time is good. But the 2 levels dont seem to be as great as the levels in Crazy Taxi. The drivers dont seem as great as the first game. The music seems also better in the first one. Overrall I was a big fan of the first one but the second is only just about as good. If you liked the first then you will like this but this game is not a reason to get a DC. Crazy Taxi 2 isnt released over here just yet theres still 2 weeks, unless you got the American copy like I have.
Sun 17/06/01 at 19:08
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
slaveunit wrote:
> There isnt any extra tracks, but there should have been. Sega
> thought that if the game was the same as the DC version then people
> wouldnt buy a PS2 over a DC if they were out to buy the game, but
> then if you have a DC with Crazy taxi and then get a PS2 you wouldnt
> buy both.

No sega didn't! Sega had NOTHING to do with the conversion of the game! Acclaim did. The reason is that acclaim hold the licenses for ALL Ferrari games. So, to let F355 come out in the West, Sega let acclaim port 3 sega games (crazy taxi, and 2 less well known ones)

Sonic
Sun 17/06/01 at 18:09
By the way, the sound track to the game was by Offspring and Bad Religion. 2 excellent albums...I now own all the music to crazy taxi! And more! Wahey! Again!
Sun 17/06/01 at 18:07
Why improve an alreadt excellent game for the PS2? SEGA are still working on original games for the remaining dreamcast players and thats more important than wasting there time trying to make a game better on a hostile console. If you want more, buy a dreamcast, maybe a secound hand 1 cos we've now got crazy taxi 2! Wahey!
Wed 13/06/01 at 21:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
delly wrote:
> Who cares about the PS2 when will it be on the PS one! i really
> really really really want it. it's got to be one of the best games
> ever!

Never is the answer.
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:15
Offspring have reclaimed their tracks from Napster, you can get the album with all of them on!
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:00
Who cares about the PS2 when will it be on the PS one! i really really really really want it. it's got to be one of the best games ever!
Tue 12/06/01 at 13:34
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
There isnt any extra tracks, but there should have been. Sega thought that if the game was the same as the DC version then people wouldnt buy a PS2 over a DC if they were out to buy the game, but then if you have a DC with Crazy taxi and then get a PS2 you wouldnt buy both.

The PS2 is far more powerful than the DC, it was a wasted opportunity to make a great game better.
Mon 11/06/01 at 16:08
Regular
"Back For Good"
Crazy Taxi is supposed to be the same as the dreamcast version but from what i've seen on a DVD it's not quite as sharp, never mind still one classic game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.