GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crazy Taxi on the PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 09:55
Regular
Does anyone know if I can get hold of the music to Crazy Taxi? That is sooooooo sweeeeettt!

Also, what's the best way to stop on the PS2 version? The IGN "PS2" guide mentions the crazy stop and limit cut, but these don't work. Also, the cheat to get a speedometer doesn't work, so I suspect the have copied the Dreamcast version's guide. Slackers.

(PS there is also topic on the FOG identical to this)
Fri 22/06/01 at 09:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I've been saying it for a while now..

Sega is made of 10 departments, each about 3 times bigger than an average developer. This allows sega to bring out up to 50 games a year.. almost all of which can be brilliant.

In addition, Sega has the best of almost any genre.. in racing they have F355, Daytona, Sega rally and MSR (if bizzare is owned by sega like I think it might be); in fighting there's Virtua Fighhter, Fighting Vipers and several more.... anyway, you get my point.

Sega will be the biggest 3rd party games maker in a couple of years time, and will really provide stiff competition for those publishers who didn't support the DC (EA Sports, or Sega Sports?). Maybe such publishers should be afraid... very afraid!

Sonic
Fri 22/06/01 at 01:08
Nah, if crazy taxi 2 came out on PS2 it'd be a very different story. It'd be hailed as another classic.
Tue 19/06/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think its the same as Crazy Taxi 1. A few of my friends loved the first one but dont really like this as much. Also with Around Apple iam pretty sure that some of it is from the first game but in different graphics. The levels dont have any big jumps in like they did in the first one. There are some good features in Crazy Taxi 2 but its not a big step forward in a seqeul. There are also more bonuses to get like the Bike, Baby pusher and the 4 original characters and there cars from the first game.
Tue 19/06/01 at 19:11
Regular
But Crazi Taxi two is the same as the first one but wih a jump button, so why is it better?? If this was released as a PS2 game their would be an uproar of unoriginality accusations!!
Tue 19/06/01 at 19:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I didnt really repeat my previous message, I was replying to yours saying that not owning a DC makes me sad. But I own both. I do agree that the DC has some of the greatest games around and that some of my DC games are better than most games on the PS2.

The PS2 has already got some good games on it and will have a ton more by the end of the year. Some of these great games will be released within a month or 2.

I think that the DC and PS2 are both great machines but they offer different games IMHO. You have a load of Arcade conversions for the DC and not too many for the PS2. PS2 has got a load of F1 games and Surivial horror games on the way. The DC appeals to some people while PS2 appeals to others. I own both and can say that both are great machines and yes Crazy Taxi 2 is also a great game.
Tue 19/06/01 at 17:11
Why did you just repeat your previous message? Well Crazy taxi 2 is just one of the many fantastic games on DC. I see no point in buying a PS2 until they really get there act together and release a game which can compete with anything ive played on my DC-and yes i have played the PS2-it aint that great.
Tue 19/06/01 at 15:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
MrPirtniw wrote:
> Well adrian, that's your opinion. But don't you think it's strange
> that when Crazy Taxi was first released on the dreamcast it sold
> quite well, but now it's on PS2 its at number 2 in the charts or
> something. What's going on? My only guess is that the PS2 is
> considered "cooler" than the dreamcast and not owning one
> makes you sad. What a tragic waste of an amazing console...

I own a DC and a PS2. I have owned Crazy Taxi for DC since it first came out. Crazy Taxi 2 is nearly out for the DC, I have the American version of Crazy Taxi 2 and have to say that its no real improvement to Crazy Taxi. Crazy Taxi 2 is a fun game but for me it doesnt seem to be as good as the first as the Levels and drivers dont seem to be as good. The music doesnt have the remembable "Yeah Yeah Yeah" when your driving down the road. When first playing Crazy Taxi I loved it and could play on it for ages but Crazy Taxi 2 doesnt seem to hold my attention for as long.
Tue 19/06/01 at 13:14
I thought that's what you were getting at, but then you also mentioned that Crazy Taxi is at number 2 on the PS2! F1 2001 is selling by the truckload, and the fact that CT is at 2, suggests that it's doing very nicely, thank you. In fact that there is another thread on this forum where there is a question 'What would you prefer - Red Faction or Crazy Taxi?', and CT is also coming up regularly there as well.

If you're trying to make out Sony owners are shallow enough to turn their noses up to perfectly good DC games, then I think you're wrong. I personally haven't bought CT, as it's not a new game, is a direct port of the DC version, and hasn't had any PS2 enhancements made (specifically in the area of popup). I'm going to wait for other city based car games, which use the hardware better. If there had been changes made, at the expense of an early release date, I probably would have bought it. Coincidentally I've just bought Fur Fighters, another DC game that's come out on the PS2. They have overhauled the game, and it looks and plays great. And that's not selling anyway near as many as CT, when it probably deserves to.
Tue 19/06/01 at 12:55
What i'm getting at is that when a game is released on dreamcast, the reception it gets may be quite good, taje Shenmue, one of the most finely crafted and expensive games in history. It's done quite well, but many PS2 owners simply turn there noses up at it-If Shenmue was released on Sony's console i bet it would be hailed as the best game ever. Pah!
Tue 19/06/01 at 12:08
I reckon I must be half asleep, but I don't understand what your point. Any chance of another explanation?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.