GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crazy Taxi on the PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 09:55
Regular
Does anyone know if I can get hold of the music to Crazy Taxi? That is sooooooo sweeeeettt!

Also, what's the best way to stop on the PS2 version? The IGN "PS2" guide mentions the crazy stop and limit cut, but these don't work. Also, the cheat to get a speedometer doesn't work, so I suspect the have copied the Dreamcast version's guide. Slackers.

(PS there is also topic on the FOG identical to this)
Sun 24/06/01 at 22:05
And consoles no longer live because of great games. If that were true, the DC would still be in production.
Sun 24/06/01 at 22:04
We've already had this talk- PS2 did better soley on the PS1 sales. What other console could do so well when there isn't really any games on it. As long as Sony prints its name on something it'll sell like hot cakes- When everyone heard about the PS2-not knowing what it's specifications were, what it looked like...or anything- that didn't stop it selling. And it's strange when you ask why the DC didn't so well, before everyone branded Sega as rubbish, but now after releasing Crazy Taxi on the PS2 there being hailed as the greatest developer there is! Crazy Taxi is doing so much better now on the PS2-but the question is "why"? It's a year and a half old and was originally on DC-so why didn't it sell as wel thenl? Because the DC isn't a Sony machine. And as for DVD's they cost usually abouy £19.99 videos are about £11.99, and both are-as you say "watchable". DVD is way over hyped...LOOK I CAN WATCH MOVIES! THEY LOOK A BIT BETTER AND THE SOUNDS A BIT BETTER! BUT THEY'RE JUST THE SAME! It feels like i'm really there!
Umm...no. I'm saving a fortune.
Sun 24/06/01 at 19:58
The DC might have had the greatest games ever, but if they were that good how come Sega has stopped producing the Dreamcast ? I've only seen Dead Or Alive 2 and Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast admittedly, and DOA2 does look a bit better on the DC, the only difference is DOA2 was one of the early PS2 games that convinced me to buy the console to start with !

As for the DVD player being a "bit rubbish"...well its not ! Okay, so Sony's idea to stop people using a scart lead was a bit of a no brainer on their part but the quality with S video or the supplied AV leads far surpasses VHS in both picture and sound. And I've got a DVD player dowstairs in the living room which I paid £250 for last xmas ; the picture quality is only beter on that because of the scart lead but sound is almost identical. The price comparison between DVD and VHS titles is getting narrower by the weeks. I work for Woolworths and for nearly every week this financial year DVD has outsold VHS everytime when a title has had simultaneous launches on both formats. The standard difference is about £3-£5 at most. The only downside is that VHs has bigger price reductions on older titles, but these titles tend to be poorer picture quality so it comes down to paying for what you get. Top Gun is a good example, on DVD its crisp, clear and has stunning sound whereas on VHS it's erm....well watchable I guess.

Lastly the other big PS2 story...faulties. Well nearly all owners know about this because the media plastered it all over the news last xmas. DC had no such problem, but was the DC launch anywhere near as successful ? anyone ever rang Sega for help ? I've heard of lots of people ringing Sony and receiving a brilliant service from them, in my case the PS2 may not even have been faulty but Sony happily exchanged it for another without any quibble. On its launch PS" had a replacement program set up so no one can say Sony weren't prepared.

As for X-Box, it looks impressive but so did the DC. The graphics look good and maybe better than PS2 but a console lives by its games and I don't see any equivalents to MGS2, GT3, Time Crisis 2, Dropship, Onimusha and Resident Evil : Ground Zero.
Sun 24/06/01 at 19:25
Anyway the DC is a games amchine-not something to watch poxy DVD's on. Ive got a video player-i don't need to waste my money paying for a console AND DVD player. Besides DVD's are alot more expensive than video's and there not really that great-even with the extras. I bought my DC to play the greatest games ever-and thats exactly what it's done.
Sun 24/06/01 at 19:21
Yeah thats all very well...apart from the PS2 DVD player being a bit rubbish. What was going on with the amount of people sending there PS2's in to have them fixed? Didn't get that with the DC. Anyway, the PS2 (one day) will have games to rival the DC. One day. But until that happens, and the price for a PS2 drops im staying with my faithful DC...or i might just get an X-box. Hmmmmm......
Sun 24/06/01 at 10:48
Regular
> The End.
Sun 24/06/01 at 09:55
Regular
MrPirtniw wrote:
> No way, I remeber when Sony officially revealed that a secound
> Playstation was in the works. Everyone automatically assumed it
> would be better than the DC even though no details were released
> about its specifications, games line up, design-anything! Some of my
> friends dropped their ideas of buying a DC and said they were saving
> up for a PS2. THAT's what killed the DC, Sony worshippers who
> refused to have anything to do Sega or Nintendo.
And after playing
> on their Sony playstations, they sat back on their Sony chairs,
> drank some Sony tea from their Sony Kettle and watched some Sony TV.
> The End.

not really because after you played on the sony playstation2 which get to watch DVDS from our sony DVD machine built in OH WHERE IS DREAMCAST BUILT IN DVD PLAYER OURS IS BUILT IN thats the way you sound about the internet which costs money to use where as dvd player doesnt except for dvds of course
Sun 24/06/01 at 02:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Kid Rock wrote:
> yeh it will better graphics like jet set radio

The term is cel-shaded.
Sat 23/06/01 at 19:11
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I am not comparing the PC to DC. I think that every one would prefer PC internet as you can download stuff like movies and other things.

DC is very good for internet as it gives people the chance to use it with there TV, and it gives people with out a PC to use the net. I dont think that any console at the moment will beat the PC in terms of internet, maybe the PS2 might as if I can get it hooked up to cable then it will be alot faster than my PC. But of course the PS2 will be limited to what it can do like the DC but with the Harddisk hopefully you should be allowed to download some MP3's or movies. But as these can be illegal then I think Sony will ban them.

Have you got Dreamkey 2.5 MrPirtniw?

When I got Chu Chu Rocket the only reason I knew I could get it for free was due to the fact that they has sent me a little Chu Chu Rocket, Rocket postcard, giving me details and how to get a free copy. I would hope that Sega could do the same again. I dont hardly go on the DC internet, I may have been on 10 times since I got my DC on launch day. The Last time I went on was sometime in Feb as I wanted to get a Sega GT save file.
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:54
I think your supposed to order dreamkey 2.5 from the internet. Like the way you got chu chu rocket...i think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.