GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First impressions of Fable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:30
Regular
Nice graphics, nice setting, easy combat, lots of farmer accents.

So far I like, it all feels very Terry Pratchet/Harry potter. Mainly because of the accents, still cool game so far.

I got my guy an oriental moustache and everyone keeps calling him ugly. I swear the next person to laugh at him is gonna get my katana sword up their jacksey. Everyone keeps calling me Chicken Chaser for some reason, probably because I keep punting them around everywhere.

I've tried to hold back on killing people for no real reason so far, god knows I came close to killing one guy though as he just wouldn't shut up about fishing. Instead I farted at him and stole his bed for the night, tried flirting with him also but he just laughed at me.

The world's a lot bigger than I expected, haven't actually come across any villages yet as I've been mainly kicking bandits asses in the woods.

Still, I like so far.
Page:
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:15
Regular
Or both? :D
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:16
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
> Although I have to say, the accents are brilliant.

Please don't tell me they're all somerset accents.

Because the ones in the trailer really, really annoyed me.
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Sounds like I shud actually get this game so I can nail the tavern girl, this game sounds good, esp all the little details like getting a tan WOO.
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:25
Regular
"boom boom click"
god i love this game!
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:28
Regular
Creepy wrote:

> EDIT: Any idea where the tattoo-ists are?

Haven't found any in villages yet. Just speak to the travelling sales men you run into in the woods and other places on your travels, some of them are barbers and some are tattoo type guys.

I've covered my guy in god knows how many tattoos, my wife says they look manly and that my trousers really show my power. I laughed and then bedded the wench.

Found out one way of getting houses and shops on the market. I made one of the shop keepers in Oakvale follow me to the graveyard and then decapitated the poor b'sterd with a well placed arrow. The damn shop costs 33,000 now that it's on the market, I certainly won't be affording that for a while yet.

Next thing on my to do list is to get the old granny in Rose Cottage to be my second wife, should be amusing listening to the groans as I have crusty old person sex.
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:32
Regular
We should all get a digital cam set up and take a couple of pictures of our characters.

Mine now has a mage outfit on but uses a flaming sword.

I AM THE ANGEL OF DARKNESS! :D
Sat 09/10/04 at 23:53
Regular
"8==="
Lou Role wrote:
> Although I have to say, the accents are brilliant. Everyone keeps
> asking if I chase chickens though, while it is amusing, one of these
> villagers is gonna get a smack eventually.

That's what I did.

"Anyone who calls me chicken chaser from now on gets a new hole they didn't want"

"Hey chicken chaser!"

"Right!" *Goes on rampage*
Sat 09/10/04 at 23:54
Regular
"8==="
Mav wrote:
> Lou Role wrote:
> Although I have to say, the accents are brilliant.
>
> Please don't tell me they're all somerset accents.
>
> Because the ones in the trailer really, really annoyed me.

I thought you said you'd read the thread?

Already said there were brummie, scouse and newcastle accents. :P
Sat 09/10/04 at 23:58
Regular
"8==="
Just under 9 and a half hours in now.

Starting to miss a few side quests because they don't fit in with my character.

"You want me to do something good for a small amount of gold?"

*Looks at the 1000's of gold he already has*

"Swivel"

*Middle finger* *Cocky stance* *Evil laugh*
Sun 10/10/04 at 00:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Mav - I think a good amount of it is actually shagging time. ;-)) Shame you can't have kids, mind you, or is it ? I'd have a whole village in one house by now. ;-))
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.