GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First impressions of Fable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:30
Regular
Nice graphics, nice setting, easy combat, lots of farmer accents.

So far I like, it all feels very Terry Pratchet/Harry potter. Mainly because of the accents, still cool game so far.

I got my guy an oriental moustache and everyone keeps calling him ugly. I swear the next person to laugh at him is gonna get my katana sword up their jacksey. Everyone keeps calling me Chicken Chaser for some reason, probably because I keep punting them around everywhere.

I've tried to hold back on killing people for no real reason so far, god knows I came close to killing one guy though as he just wouldn't shut up about fishing. Instead I farted at him and stole his bed for the night, tried flirting with him also but he just laughed at me.

The world's a lot bigger than I expected, haven't actually come across any villages yet as I've been mainly kicking bandits asses in the woods.

Still, I like so far.
Page:
Sun 31/10/04 at 14:21
Regular
Got my first legendary weapon - some lightning cutlass or something. Pretty sweet, as heavy weapons really suck.

Still want to get that giants sword (damn, reminds me of Zelda so much), and I'm only two more strength levels away from be able to. Shall be great.

Had a go o nthat seige level yesterday with no luck, so hopefully with my improved weaponry I shall kick ass.
Sun 31/10/04 at 08:53
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Just check how much damage it can do, man.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:49
Regular
"no nonsense"
yeah it is if you have a lot of money, but only if you have alot of money. i bought it but my weapon be4 that was decent enough to finish the game with.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yes - my character is also already ancient, and he's been arounf for about 15 days. Stupid.

There's a sword in Bowerstone North shop - Sulon or something, all jagged and augmented etc. Worth buying?
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:43
Regular
"no nonsense"
Lou Role wrote:
> sanders wrote:
> >nooooo, i just sold it to my cuzin for gta double pack and he
> give me a fiver
>
> I wouldn't complain about that, I like Fable but I prefer GTA a lot
> more.

im selling the double pack on ebay, probs get more money than i would for fable, plus the fiver extra i got. not too bad really.
Sat 30/10/04 at 11:14
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Discovered Oakvale for the first time since the raid yesterday. I've already got grey hair, and I've barely touched the missions. I'm so behind!
Fri 29/10/04 at 19:00
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
you have to let the credits play to be able to play after you have complted the main story
Fri 29/10/04 at 18:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
sanders wrote:
>nooooo, i just sold it to my cuzin for gta double pack and he give me a fiver

I wouldn't complain about that, I like Fable but I prefer GTA a lot more.
Fri 29/10/04 at 16:02
Regular
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes you can.

Mav's either being sarcastic or stupid. Either way you can definetly carry on after you've completed the game, hell that's when I opened the majority of the demon doors.
Fri 29/10/04 at 14:39
Regular
"no nonsense"
oh well that sucks, glad i sold it :P

still a good game though
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.