GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First impressions of Fable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:30
Regular
Nice graphics, nice setting, easy combat, lots of farmer accents.

So far I like, it all feels very Terry Pratchet/Harry potter. Mainly because of the accents, still cool game so far.

I got my guy an oriental moustache and everyone keeps calling him ugly. I swear the next person to laugh at him is gonna get my katana sword up their jacksey. Everyone keeps calling me Chicken Chaser for some reason, probably because I keep punting them around everywhere.

I've tried to hold back on killing people for no real reason so far, god knows I came close to killing one guy though as he just wouldn't shut up about fishing. Instead I farted at him and stole his bed for the night, tried flirting with him also but he just laughed at me.

The world's a lot bigger than I expected, haven't actually come across any villages yet as I've been mainly kicking bandits asses in the woods.

Still, I like so far.
Page:
Sat 09/10/04 at 16:58
Regular
"boom boom click"
i got some scars but in some really cool places!!!! The girls love it. What about this tan thing is it possible to get tanned skin? And it said you could crush flowers what happened there?
Sat 09/10/04 at 18:55
Regular
"8==="
Just over 6 hours in now.

Had scars allover, now have chainmail + a new sword.

This game gets MUCH BETTER further on. There's a situation later which provides some great battles later on, you'll be familiar with it from other RPG's but it's MUCH better realised and implemented in Fable.

I finally had to upgrade my health and double the bar as the game's difficulty suddenly leapt up and doubled. Still on my original toughness though which means if an arrow gets through my armour it bloody hurts!

I'm now known as Deathbringer and I am now famous across the land.

The Merchants have known of my true nature for a while now, I think it's time I conquered a few villages too. *Evil laugh* *Cocky stance* *Middle finger*

There's a lot more I could say about how great this game gets but obviously my lips are sealed.

Lady Grey's aren't however. ;)
Sat 09/10/04 at 19:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
This game sounds awesome. :D
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:38
Regular
Yes, this thread has somewhat convinced me.

I like to play these games through mimicking certain characters or character types. For example, my character in Morrowind is a cross between Gandalf and a Jedi. Gives things a new slant.

It'd be pretty damn cool to do a character based on Aragorn in this, as if playing through his Ranger days.
Sat 09/10/04 at 21:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Had loads of shags and presents from the wife and I've clocked up 10 hours. :-) Jus started renting a property out for some cash. Lady Grey got all flirty and stuff, but I'm not following the same idea that just about everyone else seems to.

Plus shes a materialistic, snot nosed cow too. I'll stick with my tavern girl. ;-)
Sat 09/10/04 at 21:29
Gah, I want to shag the tavern girl. Time for a return visit to HMV tomorrow then.
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:01
Regular
I'm a "Creepy" (sorry) "Assassin" "Thief" :^)

I just sneak around evilly, slipping into peoples homes and running around in circles as the police come to nab me. :D

EDIT: Any idea where the tattoo-ists are?
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:06
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Got this today but I haven't really gotten too far into it yet to make a decent opinion. I've just left the Hero guild, so I'm just trying to figure everything out just now. Not sure whether to be a goody or a baddy yet.
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:08
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Although I have to say, the accents are brilliant. Everyone keeps asking if I chase chickens though, while it is amusing, one of these villagers is gonna get a smack eventually.
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:14
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Had loads of shags and presents from the wife and I've clocked up 10
> hours.

Game time or shagging time? ;-)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.