GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First impressions of Fable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:30
Regular
Nice graphics, nice setting, easy combat, lots of farmer accents.

So far I like, it all feels very Terry Pratchet/Harry potter. Mainly because of the accents, still cool game so far.

I got my guy an oriental moustache and everyone keeps calling him ugly. I swear the next person to laugh at him is gonna get my katana sword up their jacksey. Everyone keeps calling me Chicken Chaser for some reason, probably because I keep punting them around everywhere.

I've tried to hold back on killing people for no real reason so far, god knows I came close to killing one guy though as he just wouldn't shut up about fishing. Instead I farted at him and stole his bed for the night, tried flirting with him also but he just laughed at me.

The world's a lot bigger than I expected, haven't actually come across any villages yet as I've been mainly kicking bandits asses in the woods.

Still, I like so far.
Page:
Fri 29/10/04 at 14:24
Regular
No, you can't carry on.
Fri 29/10/04 at 14:22
Regular
"no nonsense"
u can really carry on!!! nooooo, i just sold it to my cuzin for gta double pack and he give me a fiver, don't believe it, selling double pack on ebay i think, should get £25 for it, so tht would equal out at £30, so i made my money back.

So if you kill your own sister you can play on with that amazing sword? cool, i'll buy it again... some time soon
Thu 28/10/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I got that sword in the stone, so I decided to go on and complete the game, I got the very good ending. I didn't skip the credits so I'm just messing about now, building up my character even more, and I'm going to open all those demon doors. But I'm glad I finished the main story, now I can concentrate on San Andreas whenever I get it.
Thu 28/10/04 at 20:45
Regular
If you leave the credits rolling until the end then you get to carry on the game for as long as you want.

It's also really worth playing at least through twice as being Evil is very different to being good.
Thu 28/10/04 at 20:37
Regular
"no nonsense"
the ending is terrible, i really loved the game so much but once you complete it there is no point in playing it again, gutted really about the ending, thought i might be able to carry on with that powerful sword and slaughter everybody, not fair. i skipped the credits, does anything happen after?
Thu 28/10/04 at 19:06
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
yes but you have to talk to them both before you find the treasure
Thu 28/10/04 at 19:01
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
thebestbit wrote:
> mattributé wrote:
> I went to second beach, but never saw anything.
>
> That is the one with the little shack thing, yeah?
>
> this bit only happens when you first return to oakvale. After the
> scene with maze, go talk to the woman then the ghost will appear at
> the other beach

The ghost is there, before you talk to the woman.
Thu 28/10/04 at 19:00
Regular
There's better weapons than that sword lying around.

I'm doing my evil guy at the moment. Quite far in now, I've bought most of Oakvale except for the Tavern and shops and everyone dumps their load when they see my guy coming.

I got annoyed last night by Lady Grey moaning at me for not getting her presents, so I punched her repeatedly in the face and swore at her until she divorced me. Stupid tart shouldn't have killed her sister, it's her own fault.

Trying to get people to follow me to the chapel of Scorn at the moment so I can get the legendary weapon from there, it's a bit difficult though when everyone's scared of you. Even the bandits won't follow me and they practically hump my leg everytime I go near them.
Thu 28/10/04 at 18:55
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Since I've been on holiday today, I decided to spend the entire day playing Fable. I've gotten really far in it now, and I've also reached Legendary status. I get the feeling I'm close to finishing the game, but I want to try and get that sword from the stone, at the Temple of Avo before I complete everything else. I've maxed out my Physique and Toughness, so I think once my health is maxed out I should be able to get the blade, hope it's worth all the hassle I've went to.
Wed 27/10/04 at 21:56
It is still possible. The first book mentioned the one of thier side effects of their modified bodies as being decreased sexual eagerness, or soemthing along those lines.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.