GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First impressions of Fable..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:30
Regular
Nice graphics, nice setting, easy combat, lots of farmer accents.

So far I like, it all feels very Terry Pratchet/Harry potter. Mainly because of the accents, still cool game so far.

I got my guy an oriental moustache and everyone keeps calling him ugly. I swear the next person to laugh at him is gonna get my katana sword up their jacksey. Everyone keeps calling me Chicken Chaser for some reason, probably because I keep punting them around everywhere.

I've tried to hold back on killing people for no real reason so far, god knows I came close to killing one guy though as he just wouldn't shut up about fishing. Instead I farted at him and stole his bed for the night, tried flirting with him also but he just laughed at me.

The world's a lot bigger than I expected, haven't actually come across any villages yet as I've been mainly kicking bandits asses in the woods.

Still, I like so far.
Page:
Sat 09/10/04 at 11:09
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> No-one's said you're lying.
>
> My game's gonna take a hell of a lot longer than yours though. I'm
> nearly 8 hours in and I've only done 4 main quests and explored a
> fraction of the world.
>
> Did you get all the demon doors and chests in that time?
>
> I'll be at this for a long time to some just trying to get everything
> and messing around in the world and replaying with different
> characters. I see this one lasting me till Halo 2 comes along.

Ahhh yes, the chests, done most of the demon doors, forgot about the chests (first for me :P)

It's a great game though isn't it, well worth the play.
Sat 09/10/04 at 11:13
Regular
My character seems to be adored by everyone at the moment, I don't think they all realise that I'm a hero by day but by night I'm robbing them blind. Managed to work out how to shoplift yesterday, stole some weapons and then got caught by some stupid guards, decided to run instead of paying the stupidly high fines. One thing that annoyed me is some gimp called the guards on me because I was still in his shop after closing time.

I went on a massive treck through the dark woods last night and found Oakvale. Managed to score myself a giant meat cleaver like weapon off some traders in the swamps and kicked much Balverine ass. Also opened my first demon door which was definetly worth the effort, I won't spoil it for yall though.

Loving this game! Still not married though as I spent most the night kicking asses in the dark woods and surrounding swampy areas.
Sat 09/10/04 at 12:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The only time I had to run from guards to avoid a fine was my first "date" with the girl whose now my wife. We were walking around town and she wanted us to find a bed somewhere, so I took her around trying to find a place.

I unwittingly turned into this guys house at night time and of course the girl followed me in. The guy in there starts whining about trespassing and stuff and calls the guards. I goto leave and the door shuts and locks behind me with my girl still inside. The cheeky sod seemed to be giving off the odd chat up line, so I decided to be a gentleman and put my fists through his door. Didn't expect much to happen, but the door actually exploded. I punched the bloke in the face in front of his kid and took my girl out of there.

By the time that was over, I had guards chasing me down for over 1000 in cash, so it was easier to just leg it quickly. Could have just kebabed them on my blade, but then I guess it wouldn't have helped if I wanted to marry that tavern girl and own a house there.

Luckiest guards in the game so far. I've killed them for less than that. ;-)
Sat 09/10/04 at 12:48
Regular
Heh

I did the breaking down the door thing, punched it not expecting anything to happen and then suddenly it exploded in my face (the door). I was pretty drunk at the time so legging it out the town was a bit of a chore, ran into many things on the way.

Is that the girl from the tavern in the first village you come to, or a different one?

I'm on a search for a wedding ring at the moment to give to her. I've got a load of bints after me but for some reason she seems to be the least annoying out of them all. Even though I've got scars over my face and tats all over my body she still wants to be spit roasted, need to decorate the house I've bought as well as it looks kinda grotty at the moment.

Man, that last paragraph of mine makes the game sound like The Sims.
Sat 09/10/04 at 13:43
Regular
"boom boom click"
Still not married as i cant be arsed but im working on it. People worship the ground i step on but i get drunk lots!
Sat 09/10/04 at 13:45
Regular
"boom boom click"
i also changed my name to ranger cos i kept paying fines when i killed people for calling me chicken chaser.
Sat 09/10/04 at 13:51
Regular
"8==="
I'm on full evil so I doubt my character'll be getting married this time around.

Think I can guess which door you've opened Tilt.
Sat 09/10/04 at 14:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
My wife is the tavern girl with auburn hair in South Bowerstone. Ooooooooo, she just gave me a new weapon to use - nice. Not as strong as some other weapons I have, but then what I like about this game is that you don't have to upgrade to the best weapons to progress.
Sat 09/10/04 at 14:27
Regular
"8==="
I have the best weapon available to me: A flaming (augmented) cleaver.

*Dons Borat voice*

It is niiiiice! Yees.

I think if I use a terrible weapon and don't upgrade my character at all this game might be a challenge. :D

Seriously though if I'd spread my xp over various abilities and not just strength + speed I'd probably be having a tougher time.

Might try the game with the worst weapon I can find next time, just to see.

"3 hours later: you have finally killed the Balverine with the knitting needle of fluff"

Hmmm mabye not. :S
Sat 09/10/04 at 15:59
Regular
Heh

I was thinking last night that I might at some point attemp to complete the whole game in my underpants, that'd be intresting.

Just married the same barmaid you're talking about in Bowerstone, she keeps giving me some pretty good weapons actually but I'm not strong enough to use any of them properly at the moment.

Everyone keeps on ripping on the scars on my characters face and caling him ugly, think I'm gonna have to invest in a helmet at some point and wear it when I'm fighting.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.