GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rafa rules out Owen"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/08/05 at 16:13
Regular
"I'm an insanely stupid and red-faced person" commented Rafael Benitez, at a press conference today, before anyone had even asked him anything.

Once Rafa had been persuaded to raise his head out of Peter Crouch's groin, he proceeded to rule himself out of the Michael Owen race.

"For a start, he's faster than me!" said Rafa. Unfortunately, no-one laughed at his joke. Instead, the assembled media simply laughed at Rafa, for he had a £7 million honeysuckle-support sitting next to him.

"No, you see, I really do not need this Owen character. Last season, you see, I had 3 strikers, and that wasn't enough for me. Now, I am selling that guy Baros, so I will have 3 strikers. That is enough for me, cunningly meaning I can complain like a donkey with a thorn in it's schlong when Peter Crouch doesn't, as I expect, score 2 goals a game."

At this point, the media stopped asking any questions, because it was clear the extremely red-cheeked person wanted to be alone with his lamppost of a friend.

--

I want Mikey back. So does every Liverpool fan.
Tue 02/08/05 at 09:42
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Stryke wrote:
> If anyone's attitude needs sorting, it's Rafas.

The man who led you to a 5th European Cup? I don't think his attitude needs sorting at all.

Finally 'Pool look like they might even challenge for the title next season with a decent manager, yet some of the fans question the attitude of the manager.

Let him do his job, im sure he knows what he's doing. Either that or bring back Roy Evans to sit back and crumble under the pressure of his own players.
Tue 02/08/05 at 10:52
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Owen back at Liverpool *shudders*? Perish the thought. He refused to sign a perfectly good new contract for Liverpool, made his bed on the subs bench at Madrid, now he can lie on it.
Tue 02/08/05 at 11:39
Regular
"Green & White Army"
I think Rafa's attitude is spot on. He demands nothing but perfection and if he doesn't get it he sorts it out. I remember a quote about him saying something like he wants his players to have the right mentality and if he cant change their mentality he will change the player.He is ruthless but he needs to be though as previous managers have been influenced to make tactical decisions by their players.

I like the way when he makes a mistake in judgement he fixes it for example sellin Nunez after realising he was a flop after a year, not granting Pellegrino another year after realising he was a flop (although josemi still needs to go.) This is unlike his rivils who keep their flops claiming they are noth failures and sticking by them like Ferguson who stands by Kleberson or Wenger with Cygan.

He wants players who want to play for Liverpool and if they don't want to play for Liverpool then he doesn't want them. This is the reason why I feel there is a bit of hostility between Baros and Rafa because at the beginning of last season Baros spoke of how he dreamed to play for Barcelona and then a few days ago saying he doesn't care if he stays or goes. That's not the mentality Rafa wants.

I love the man and couldn't wish for a better manager.
Tue 02/08/05 at 12:17
Regular
Owen and Crouch upfront?

Morienttes and Cisse in reserve?

Chelsea style! But with English players.
Tue 02/08/05 at 14:24
Regular
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> If anyone's attitude needs sorting, it's Rafas.
>
> The man who led you to a 5th European Cup? I don't think his
> attitude needs sorting at all.

--

Winning the Champions League was great, yeah. But that doesn't mean I have to drop to my knees and start crying tears of Shankly-love, like most people seem to be doing. People forget HE DID WORST IN THE LEAGUE THAN HOULLIER.

I'll give him the adoration he deserves if he shows Valencia-style form.

Again, Rafa's treatment of players he doesn't want isn't right. By all means, sell them - that's fine. But don't make them feel like they're worthless.
Tue 02/08/05 at 14:25
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Owen and Crouch upfront?
>
> Morienttes and Cisse in reserve?
>
> Chelsea style! But with English players.

--

If Rafa prefers Crouch to Cisse or Morientes at home, I'll cry.
Tue 02/08/05 at 15:17
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Stryke wrote:

> Again, Rafa's treatment of players he doesn't want isn't right. By
> all means, sell them - that's fine. But don't make them feel like
> they're worthless.

Rafa told all those who were sold after the CL Final that they weren't leaving as failures but as winners and that even though they were surplus to requirements at Liverpool and he would help them find clubs who could use them. That's hardly making them feel worthless. Players like Biscan, Smicer and Nunez.

He told Smicer around March/April time that he will not be giving him a new contract and told him he is free to stay and help the squad or he can go on holiday and wait for a new team to come in for him. Smicer told him that he would stay and fight for the club and help in anyway he can when asked. This is the kind of attitude Benitez wants.
Tue 02/08/05 at 15:51
Regular
Benitez is a good tactician who has taken time to adapt to the premiership.

Owen to Newcastle by the looks of it.

Good, a top english club that actually needs a striker to have him. Alongside shearer. Quality partnership.
Tue 02/08/05 at 16:14
Regular
"0228"
I'd be really happy to see Owen go to Newcastle, and Shearer deserves a good partner for his last season. The only problem for Owen would be the lack of Champions League football but I wouldn't mind betting that if Newcastle are the only club interested that he'd still go without question.

Also, can somebody just clear up something for me? Is it right that the winner of the InterToto Cup gets into the UEFA Cup?
Tue 02/08/05 at 16:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yeah, I think more than one team from the Intertoto gets in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.