GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Movies are released on to DVD to early after screening at the cinema.What do you think?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/04/04 at 15:07
Regular
"56 000"
Over the last couple of years films have been released to DVD about 4 months after finishing screening. Most films used to take 12 months to be released on DVD. Its just keeps getting earlier. Its far to soon to release the DVDS.Does anyone have anything to say about this?
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:07
Regular
"56 000"
Over the last couple of years films have been released to DVD about 4 months after finishing screening. Most films used to take 12 months to be released on DVD. Its just keeps getting earlier. Its far to soon to release the DVDS.Does anyone have anything to say about this?
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:09
Regular
"8==="
Yes: piracy is to blame.

Also American culture is quite heavily based upon 'the next big thing'. Sometimes you have to make the cash before you become yesterday's news.
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:13
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Cinema standards have declined in recent years IMO. So, the fact that films are being released on DVD shortly after it's cinema run can't be bad thing can it?

I mean, it would cost me the price of a DVD to see a film at the cinema with my missus. If it's something I MUST see, such as Kill Bill Vol 2, then I'd be happy to go, but if it's something I'd rather wait for...

Besides, release-dates are becoming a joke as well. Hellboy isn't due for it's cinema release here until September, the Region 1 DVD is out in August.

Pay for the DVD or pay to watch the film in the wrong aspect ratio, with a load of little herberts thinking their "cool" for making stupid noises and generally ruining the film for everyone else.

Gosh, I sound old. :-D
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:14
Regular
"SOUP!"
It's because if they dont release it early enough people would resort more to ilegal downloads or pirated copies, which ultimately kills the producers and means they can only have caviar thrice a week.
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
You sound absolutely right as well though Bleeders. I know what i would choose given the choice of sitting at my lovely warm home in my comfy seat with my girlfriend or having the brixton massiv kicking the back of my seat and chucking popcorn everywhere
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:18
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'd rather be sat with your girlfriend too.
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Unless the own the local cinema nothing can compare to seeing something like LOTR on a huge screen.
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
As most men would but unfortunately for all of you and luckily for me for some reason she finds me adorable and loves me so tough cookie. :-D
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Flockhart wrote:
> Unless the own the local cinema nothing can compare to seeing
> something like LOTR on a huge screen.

My mates 56 inch tv comes pretty damn close though :-D
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:21
Regular
Some of the movies we have here who are 'just released' are on dvd in North America by the time we get it o_O

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.