GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"All you computer building people..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/04/04 at 18:43
Regular
"\\"
How much do you charge to build a PC for someone?

Just out of interest.
Mon 19/04/04 at 18:43
Regular
"\\"
How much do you charge to build a PC for someone?

Just out of interest.
Mon 19/04/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Look at what you're going to build, compare it to the price if it was to be pre-bought and come to a reasonable decision on what you think's fair.

Take into account that you're gonna have to promise to help them if anything goes wrong seeing as you made it.
Mon 19/04/04 at 18:52
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i would charge £50 for building a basic PC (ie: no fancy sound sound sockets at front and no specific motherboards etc)

£100 if you choose everything you wanted

thats labour the cost of parts goes on top.
Mon 19/04/04 at 18:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
£100 for labour?!?

My PC shop does it for £50 and they give you full aftersales support.
Mon 19/04/04 at 18:56
Regular
"Nobody Home"
Its a secret, but if you tell me what sort of PC you would like, I can give ya a quote? You get a 1 Year warranty, inc Parts and Labour, plus Watever the warranty on the parts is.
Mon 19/04/04 at 18:58
Regular
"Nobody Home"
But, to give you a hint, I make anywhere from £50 - 100.
Mon 19/04/04 at 18:59
Regular
"\\"
Incase your simple mind can't grasp the phrase "just out of interest", i can build my own PC thanks, just i ws interested how much people would charge for one.
Mon 19/04/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Nobody Home"
what's your problem?

maybe you should check out www.thescaryguy.com, im sure you are the exact person that he is trying to remove from our world.
Mon 19/04/04 at 19:04
Regular
I've never actually made a PC for someone else yet.

But if I was going to go ahead and do it, I'd calculate the price of the components and just charge something minimal like £10 for labour.

I mean, come on, it'll be stupid to charge anymore.
Mon 19/04/04 at 19:07
Regular
"Nobody Home"
£10? If you break anything, or anything fails after warranty, then you have to take it out your own pocket. You'd make a loss, or at least that's how an accountant looks at it, and its a very sensible way to look at it.

If you waste a few hours for just £10 that's gr8. I once made the mistake of building a PC for someone for just £20. I was making £40, but I thought I'd be kind and get him a better CPU. Him and his complete noobness in the use of a PC has wasted me many an hour.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.