GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AMD v INTEL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/04/04 at 14:20
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
many people have there opinions about this subject, a 2.0ghz amd is better than a 2.6ghz intel p4 because of clocking speeds blah blah etc.

personally i have a AMD but what do you think is better value or better quality?
Thu 22/04/04 at 21:32
Regular
If it comes up to quickly for you then just press the "pause" button on the keyboard, you can also get programs like WCPUID for free on the net which lets you see your cpu's speed amongst other things in windows.

Colin
Thu 22/04/04 at 19:39
Regular
"Digging!"
be§§ant™ wrote:

> i am not that bad i just wanted to know the 2000mhz thing, as i don't
> know how to "push the cpu" or measure it. thanks though

You can measure it when the PC boots, it says it on the int boot screen before it checks the drives.
Tue 20/04/04 at 16:39
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
danieldone wrote:
(Yes I know thats not much, but he's a
> noob, so we dont want him sticking 0.5V here and there.)

i am not that bad i just wanted to know the 2000mhz thing, as i don't know how to "push the cpu" or measure it. thanks though
Mon 19/04/04 at 21:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
How much a chip overclocks depends very much on the chip unfortunately. If you have an -M chip, or one of the old JIUHBs, you're well in. On the other side, if you have a Palomino, you're buggered really.
Mon 19/04/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Nobody Home"
That runs at 1800mhz on a 13.5 Multiplier right? Im sure with decent memory, you should be able to hit 1900mhz at a minimum and maybe even 2000mhz. BUT, its all dependant on the core type of your CPU and the actual CPU. No one CPU is the same, all are different.

Just keep upping the FSB till the PC becomes unstable. Dont let the temperature go over 50oC, and dont exceed any more then 0.3V extra on the CPU and 0.2V on the RAM. (Yes I know thats not much, but he's a noob, so we dont want him sticking 0.5V here and there.)
Mon 19/04/04 at 20:17
Regular
I never understand it when people ask how "far" they can clock a certain cpu, im not sure if they want a number? unfortunatly the only way to know is to actually do it then see what you can get.

Colin
Mon 19/04/04 at 19:24
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i was just wondering how far can i push a AMD 2200+ on a mobo with 333 fsb

i think the fsb is correct not sure, i am a bit of a n00b when it comes to overclocking i haven't really been intrested until now!!

in other words i don't quite grasp the thorey of overclocking, and how it works exactaly.
Mon 19/04/04 at 14:47
"I love yo... lamp."
K8T800 doesn't support AGP and PCI lock, so don't count on it.
Mon 19/04/04 at 14:35
Regular
I have tried it with a SATA controller card and it actually was worse than the onboard version, I am sure that Abit will bring out a bios update that will give me the option to lock the agp and pci bus's

Colin
Mon 19/04/04 at 02:28
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
*INTEL FAN BOY!!!!!!! <-me

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.