GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Wii Launch - [Released]"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/11/06 at 15:03
Regular
""none""
Nintendo Wii Launch - 6 Days

This thread will be updated frequently, and will have all the information you need to know.

United Kingdom - 6 Days - 8 December 2006
North America - Out now!
Japan - December 2

Wii Console Price: £180
Wii Game: £30-40, Amazon.co.uk suggested
Wii Remote Cost: £30
Wii Nunchuk add-on: £15
Wii Classic Controller: £15
Wii Zapper: TBA

Visual Looks:

Wii Console
Wii Remote
Wii Remote + Nunchuk add-on
Game Box Art
Wii retail box

Video Demonstrations

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (SPOILERS)
Red Steel
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Wii Sports
Excite Truck
Wii Play
Call of Duty 3
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Far Cry
Wii getting ripped out of it's box!

Inside the Box:

- Wii Console (white)
- Wii Remote with strap
- Nunchuk
- Wii AC Adapter
- Wii Stereo AV Cable
- Wii Stand
- Wii Stand Plate
- Wii Sensor Bar
- Sensor Bar Stand
- AA Battery
- Wii Sports game

Launch Titles:

The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
Wii Play (including Wii Remote)
Call of Duty 3 (Activision)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Activision)
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam(Activision)
Madden NFL 07 (EA)
Need For Speed: Carbon (EA)
Happy Feet (Midway Games)
Rampage: Total Destruction (Midway Games)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Sega)
Gottlieb Pinball Classics (System 3)
Super Fruit Fall (System 3)
Cars (THQ)
Barnyard (THQ)
Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab (THQ)
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII (Ubisoft)
Far Cry Vengeance (Ubisoft)
GT Pro Series (Ubisoft)
Monster 4x4 World Circuit (Ubisoft)
Open Season (Ubisoft)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (Ubisoft)
Red Steel (Ubisoft)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent (Ubisoft)

Wii Interface

Wii provides a very unique and user-friendly interface for you to browse in.

You will get 6 satisfying features for you to browse in, these are, the wii menu, Mii Channel, Forecast Channel, Photo Channel, News Channel and Internet Channel. For more information on these channels go here

Wii Statues

Sites Currently Taking Pre-Orders.

NONE. YOU WILL NOW NEVER GET ANY WII BEFORE CHRISTMAS, TRY EBAY.

Wii Points

Wii points are something used to purchase features for the Wii via Wii Shop Channel. For example you can purchase a NES game for 500 Wii points. £0.75 makes up 100 Wii points. You will need to purchase a "Wii Points card", in order to use this system.

* NES Games = 500 Wii Points
* SNES Games = 800 Wii Points (900 Wii Points in Japan on selected games)
* N64 Games = 1,000 Wii Points
* Sega Genesis Games = 800 Wii Points (600 Wii Points in Japan)
* TurboGrafix 16 Games = 600 Wii Points

Also, another advantage would be consumers would put up Wii points for offer after you buy something. For example, if you buy a Wii game you will get 1500 Wii points.

Virtual Console

You may have heard a few things about Nintendo's Virtual Console, but not quiet sure what it is. The virtual console is another feature in the Wii, which allows you to download NES, SNES, N64, T16, Genesis, Commodore 64 and MSX games.

There is one catch thou, Nintendo's virtual console is not free. You will be required to pay £3.50 for NES titles, £5.60 for SNES, £7.00 for N64, £5.60 for Genesis and £4.20 for TurboGrafx-16 in able to play these.
Wed 29/11/06 at 14:41
"possibly impossible"
WarioWare and maybe Excitetruck (despite poorish reviews, it still looks fun), then the wait for Mario, Metroid and Smash Bros plus whatever comes out from 3rd parties next.
Tue 28/11/06 at 20:26
Regular
Secondary launch games people?
Tue 28/11/06 at 20:17
Regular
""none""
This will go no where, but up it's on ass. So lets change the subject... OK 9 days to go.
Tue 28/11/06 at 14:00
Regular
He does make some good points though. Nintendo have been all too quick to stop supporting their consoles in the past, it was the same with N64. It wasn't selling as well as they would have hoped for so they all but abandoned their loyal customers, usually over a year before the next console was planned for release.

I can't be sure as I haven't played it, but what I've seen of the 'new' Zelda controls for Wii do seem quite tacked on. I could see them feeling quite awkward in comparisson to the normal Zelda controls that you'll be using for 90% of the game. The new controls do nothing that can't be done with a Gamecube pad, infact they use all the same preset animations that you'll get on the Cube.

I also don't think it's at all far fetched to think that bringing Zelda over to the Wii was a last minute decision. It's only reasonably recently that the game was even announced as a launch title for Wii, up until then it was the last hoorah of the Gamecube.
Tue 28/11/06 at 10:18
Regular
Ninja, stop being an arrogant tool and humping the leg of a bloody online magazine for crying out loud.

Your opinion will matter once you have played the game, just like everyone elses.
Tue 28/11/06 at 09:16
"possibly impossible"
Gamespot seem to be the only ones giving it a 'low' score (um, since when was 8.8 really low?), even the average reader score on Gamespot is over 9.

Ther information on the development of the Wii version comes from Edge magazine, who I'd 'trust' with reviews even more than Gamespot (and, if anything, are usually harsher). But I guess all reviews are subject to personal judgement.

Anyway, hopefully we'll all get to try it out come next friday and see for ourselves.
Mon 27/11/06 at 22:51
Regular
Tacked on, tacked on? You have not played it yet!!!!!

EDIT: Oh, sorry man I forgot that www.gamespot.com is the word of God.
Mon 27/11/06 at 22:30
Regular
""none""
No. They did it because Nintendo did something half-arsed, and tryed to kill two birds with one stone. A good launch game, and an end for GameCube. But they failed with the Wii, controlls turned out to be "Tacked on".

Too bad.
Mon 27/11/06 at 22:12
Regular
Why would anyone lie Ninja? They did it to be different and cause controversy so the would get more traffic to their site.
Mon 27/11/06 at 21:54
Regular
""none""
Alfonse wrote:
> You can't tell me the gamespot review is truthful if you have
> never played the game. If you have, please forgive me.

Gamespot have no reason to lie. Why would they lie about a low rating? Why would they do that?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.