GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo co-operative play mutha funster"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/04/04 at 13:58
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Halo is a great game and I'm playing through it (for the very first time) with my buddy, the salacious one. However one thing has spoilt the experience for us: the save game function. Unless I am being thick (please someone tell me that I am) I cannot believe that the game only saves progress once the entire level has been completed, with a few checkpoints along the way.

We got a fair way through a particular mission, after completing the previous 3, needed to give or thumbs a break, swithed off, came back and expected to pick up the action from the last checkpoint we just reached. Instead we were forced to start the level again.

Booger.
Mon 19/04/04 at 17:25
Regular
"8==="
The sagacious one wrote:

> I half expected the laws of physics to dissolve as we played.

:D

Ye canne change the laws of physics, laws of physics, laws of physics. Ye canne change the laws of physics Jim!
Mon 19/04/04 at 12:27
"Darth Vader 3442321"
We probably cause each other more grief than the Aliens do. I played Halo then other day with another mate (who spends a lot of time playing counter strike etc) and romped it on normal. Then I played again with someone who was worse than mathematically possible to be. I half expected the laws of physics to dissolve as we played.

In our defence we are playing on a small portable TV and half a screen is very limiting...
Sat 17/04/04 at 08:53
Regular
"eat toast!"
"playing it on normal "

Its far too easy with 2 people on normal. I mean even in signle player normal is easy. But from what you've descirbed, your brother in arms isn't particulary good. runs into grenades? thats bad i always warn my brother if i was to lob one. But the problem of getting caught in friendly fire is common. Espcially those eager to fight. Oh well, nevermind.

Still i think that heroic isn't much of a challenge 2 player but it certain entertaining with the right balance of enemies and the strength of them is almost right. But legendary, now theres a challenege. Completed it with my brother and on my own. I felt like a true hero. Until some git in the house deleted my file.
Fri 16/04/04 at 17:38
"Darth Vader 3442321"
monkey_man wrote:
> You can save at any checkpoint in single-player, but multi doesn't let
> you. It's excellent, isn't it. That wasn't a question by the way.

Sure is. We've got the full 5.1 surround sound thing going on too. Those Aliens sure may some funny noises. However we are playing the game on a 14" portable TV. Watching DVDs is a bit surreal; Blade 2 playing with a pumping DTS soundtrack filling the room with audio magnificence, on a tint telly...
Fri 16/04/04 at 17:32
"Darth Vader 3442321"
monkey_man wrote:
> But you can do most levels in about 20-30 minutes, so just be patient.
> What difficulty are you doing it on?

Me and salacious are playing it on normal but we'd completed several levels and were getting to the point where we just couldn't go on. We didn't know that quitting then meant back to the start of the level. Also my mate is pants at games of this nature and the majority of the time is spent running away from enemies to allow him to respawn.

He like to run in front of me when I'm shooting, run into the blast radius of grenades, throw grenades on the floor in front of me, keep on ploughing through the level regardless until as many enemies as possible are engaging us, keep playing on when I die only to then die himself before I can respawn, so we have to start from the last checkpoint and I think that I'm going to have to beat him with a stick when I get home.

Plus I'm not a FPS meister either...

And we call ourseleves Reaper and the Sundance Kid.

We rock
Fri 16/04/04 at 15:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
But you can do most levels in about 20-30 minutes, so just be patient. What difficulty are you doing it on?
Fri 16/04/04 at 15:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You can save at any checkpoint in single-player, but multi doesn't let you. It's excellent, isn't it. That wasn't a question by the way.
Fri 16/04/04 at 15:11
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> No, you're correct, it's a right git. It saves periodically
> throughout the level, but unless you complete the level, you can't
> turn the machine off. Most annoying.

agggggggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought so but wondered if I was being dim as I've only just got an Xbox. I was worried that someone would say something like "surely you've enabled the auotsave function in the xbox settings".
Fri 16/04/04 at 14:44
Regular
"eat toast!"
i just play one level at a time. After completing one, i rest and return to finish the next one later. It shouldn't take more than an hour to finish each level. Accept for the truth and reconciliation one. That seems to go on forever.
Fri 16/04/04 at 14:44
Regular
"accidental superher"
it only saves for you and lets you resume from last checkpoint on legendary

should point out you can only do that on singleplayer as well

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.