GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo co-operative play mutha funster"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/04/04 at 13:58
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Halo is a great game and I'm playing through it (for the very first time) with my buddy, the salacious one. However one thing has spoilt the experience for us: the save game function. Unless I am being thick (please someone tell me that I am) I cannot believe that the game only saves progress once the entire level has been completed, with a few checkpoints along the way.

We got a fair way through a particular mission, after completing the previous 3, needed to give or thumbs a break, swithed off, came back and expected to pick up the action from the last checkpoint we just reached. Instead we were forced to start the level again.

Booger.
Fri 16/04/04 at 13:58
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Halo is a great game and I'm playing through it (for the very first time) with my buddy, the salacious one. However one thing has spoilt the experience for us: the save game function. Unless I am being thick (please someone tell me that I am) I cannot believe that the game only saves progress once the entire level has been completed, with a few checkpoints along the way.

We got a fair way through a particular mission, after completing the previous 3, needed to give or thumbs a break, swithed off, came back and expected to pick up the action from the last checkpoint we just reached. Instead we were forced to start the level again.

Booger.
Fri 16/04/04 at 14:01
Regular
I thought it started you off from whenever the last checkpoint was reached. I've done the same and when I go into choose mission, the latest map says something like "there is a save game on this level" and I start off from the last checkpoint reached...
Fri 16/04/04 at 14:04
"Darth Vader 3442321"
If you're right, I'm an idiot but a happy idiot.
Fri 16/04/04 at 14:08
Regular
...though I do quit game, I don't just turn the Xbox off (unless I'm not bothered/stressed/have a horny girlfriend waiting for my attention). Maybe that's why it's not saving the checkpoint.
Fri 16/04/04 at 14:36
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
No, you're correct, it's a right git. It saves periodically throughout the level, but unless you complete the level, you can't turn the machine off. Most annoying.
Fri 16/04/04 at 14:44
Regular
"accidental superher"
it only saves for you and lets you resume from last checkpoint on legendary

should point out you can only do that on singleplayer as well
Fri 16/04/04 at 14:44
Regular
"eat toast!"
i just play one level at a time. After completing one, i rest and return to finish the next one later. It shouldn't take more than an hour to finish each level. Accept for the truth and reconciliation one. That seems to go on forever.
Fri 16/04/04 at 15:11
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> No, you're correct, it's a right git. It saves periodically
> throughout the level, but unless you complete the level, you can't
> turn the machine off. Most annoying.

agggggggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought so but wondered if I was being dim as I've only just got an Xbox. I was worried that someone would say something like "surely you've enabled the auotsave function in the xbox settings".
Fri 16/04/04 at 15:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You can save at any checkpoint in single-player, but multi doesn't let you. It's excellent, isn't it. That wasn't a question by the way.
Fri 16/04/04 at 15:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
But you can do most levels in about 20-30 minutes, so just be patient. What difficulty are you doing it on?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.