GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is Halle Berry trying to do now..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 14:16
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I was flicking through Empire when I saw a picture of Halle Berry dressed up as Catwoman. Now I know there is a new Batman movie in production which tried to cast Johnny Depp (not sure if they succeeded though) but if Halle Berry is even being considered for Cat Woman then I have lost all faith in the cinema industry. She is totally WRONG for the part. I can't remember her name but the last Catwoman I remember was Caucasian with long blonde hair. That's Halle Berry out already. She is also officially the clumsiest actress in all of Hollywood after hurting herself in some way on the sets of the last 3 movies she was in. I mean my god woman, how is she supposed to play a bad a$$, acrobatic fighter if she can't even walk onto the set with getting whacked by the lighting equipment.
Thu 15/04/04 at 18:27
Regular
RM18 wrote:
> Going back to the original post though, whether or not you think Halle
> Berry is a good Catwoman or not, the actual film looks to be the
> crappest superhero film since Batman & Robin.

*Cough* League of Extraordinary Gentlemen *Cough*
Thu 15/04/04 at 18:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The first Catwoman was played by Eartha Kitt, who is black. So there you go. This doesn't change the fact that the new movie looks terrible, and Halle Berry has a shocking lack of discretion in choosing her roles.

Batman Begins should be awesome, although I'm still not sure on the casting of Christian Bale. He'd make a good Bruce Wayne, but not so good a Batman maybe? Still, the rest of the cast looks excellent and Morgan Freeman's in it, so it's gonna rule.
Thu 15/04/04 at 16:37
Regular
Any film that has Halle Berry in a all in one leather cat suit has gotta be worth a look no matter how bad it is.
Thu 15/04/04 at 15:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Stryke wrote:
> Muuuh. The Catwoman film is working on the premise that cats can
> resurrect people, as they did for Selina Kyle in Batman Returns.
> Completely different woman, different cats, different situation.

Aha. Explains it then. I read a script a while back that was directly related to the character in Batman Returns. It sucked, and I assumed it was that one.
Thu 15/04/04 at 15:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cub!st wrote:
> As I said Pandy, it just strikes me as a huge continuity error. Anyway
> from those pics could there be anything less scary? Seriously that
> looks like it belongs on the top shelf of a seedy newsagents under
> the title of "Lusty Leather Girls". Sex sells yeh but damn
> that movie looks crap.

Oh aye, but since the Batman movies are never ones to worry about continuity then why worry about it? It's a spinoff of a franchise in the same way the bond movies are, and I personally don't give a damn about who is playing bond. Plus, there probably wasn't a hope in hell they could attract Michelle Pfeiffer to the project so no matter what, there was going to be an error.

True about the pics though. If she's trying to look sexy and seducive, she's about as successful as Russell Grant in bin liners. Now Pfeiffer in batman returns, in that skin tight rubber catsuit? What a minx. She still brings me out in a cold sweat.
Thu 15/04/04 at 15:30
Regular
Muuuh. The Catwoman film is working on the premise that cats can resurrect people, as they did for Selina Kyle in Batman Returns. Completely different woman, different cats, different situation.
Thu 15/04/04 at 15:25
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
As I said Pandy, it just strikes me as a huge continuity error. Anyway from those pics could there be anything less scary? Seriously that looks like it belongs on the top shelf of a seedy newsagents under the title of "Lusty Leather Girls". Sex sells yeh but damn that movie looks crap.
Thu 15/04/04 at 15:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cub!st wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> Yeah, and the original Harvey Dent ("two face") was a
> black
> Billy Dee Williams in the first Batman, but later changed into Tommy
> Lee Jones. Weird eh?
>
> Was that in the T.V. series because that REALLY doesn't count.

Erm, no, it wasn't.

> Seriously, What does color matter?
>
> Don't try and turn this into a racist thing because it isn't. It's
> just like starting a scene wearing a blue shirt, taking a break and
> finishing the scene with a blue tank top. Putting Halle Berry in that
> role is just like a massive continuity error.

Sorry, wasn't implying and racism, but what I was trying to get at was that the actors playing batman have changed, the feel of the movies have changed from dark to campy (year one, sorry "Begins" looks to be a return to the dark feel) and various other elements have changed over the course of the movies. Why should a black catwoman be any different or raise any eyebrows in a spinoff from the batman movies?

> Anyway, this Catwoman movie is having a lot of bad, bad things said
> about it already. One I won't be going to see.
>
> Oh? I never even knew there was going to be one. Is there a trailer?
> Is this seperate from the new batman movie? More info please:)

[URL]http://www.geocities.com/gothamweeklynews/catmovie.htm[/URL] Catwoman info. No trialer.

Batman Begins - I've seen some leaked pics of Bale, and a concept of the new batmobile (shudder, I hate that word) and it looks like a tank. Its huge.
Thu 15/04/04 at 15:11
Regular
Cubist, you are about 3 months behind the actual news. Batman was cast ages ago, and Ra's Al Ghul is going to be Ken Wanatabe (the samurai lord from The Last Samurai). Michael Caine is Alfred, Katie Holmes is Bale's bit of crumpet (cheers all round, methinks), and Liam Neeson is in there somewhere.
Thu 15/04/04 at 15:09
Regular
Going back to the original post though, whether or not you think Halle Berry is a good Catwoman or not, the actual film looks to be the crappest superhero film since Batman & Robin.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.