GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VERY IMPORTANT THREAD- PLEASE JOIN"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 12:41
Regular
"Time Up"
I live in Egypt, many of you already know about that, I'm just telling the ones who don't know to understand the problem. Now the thing is yeterday when I was watching T.V, I saw a commercial about an air conditioner, the actors were supposed to be in a space ship, one of them was eating chocolate and singing, and I noticed that the background music was the beggining of the Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty theme, so suddenly a problem happened, then the guy who was eating all of a sudden took a remote for the A.C and used it to solve the problem, and here comes ome of the most stupid things I have ever seen, the background music continued as the guy kept using the A.C and they were clearly using it without permission from Konami, and they clearly took the advantage that almost nobody here knows about the game, and they were clearly using it for merchandise, I waited till the end, and they didn't mention anything about the copyrights, offcourse Konami don't watch Egyptian T.V, so they couldn't have known about it, so what I want to do is tell them, so can anyone tell me what should I do ?
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:59
Regular
"Time Up"
»§ilver §hadøw« wrote:
> Maybe they got permission from Harry Gregson-Williams, although I
> doubt it.
>
> Just leave it, it's not exactly a big deal now, is it?
They didn't. I am sure. No copyrights were mentioned.
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Time Up"
max mad nutter wrote:
> what is
> the point
The point is that I am a hardcore fan of mgs, and I don't accept using it like this.
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:01
Regular
Cusack wrote:
> They didn't. I am sure. No copyrights were mentioned.

Copyrights are rarely mentioned on adverts as the company has no need to prove to the public that they are licensed to use such stuff.

Seriously, let it go. You won't get any reward for snitching.
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:19
Regular
"^_^"
cheese
Thu 15/04/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Time Up"
»§ilver §hadøw« wrote:
> Cusack wrote:
> They didn't. I am sure. No copyrights were mentioned.
>
> Copyrights are rarely mentioned on adverts as the company has no need
> to prove to the public that they are licensed to use such stuff.
>
> Seriously, let it go. You won't get any reward for snitching.
I am not waiting for a reward, if I wanted a reward, I could've done many things before, sometimes they publish advertisements of pirate copies of games in some kids magazines, nobody notices, I could have received a reward for reporting both the magazine and the advertiser, but I didn't because pirate copies only harm game developers, not the games, the games can only become more popular. also I've seen previous rip offs from the mgs1 OST on another channel, but they only played it in the beggining of the news with the word "Nile TV" showing, and that's ok, since they weren't advertising anything. The point is that the AC commercial subotages the game infront of the public, the commercial was one of the most stupid things I've ever seen, they are just using it to attract the people to watch the commercial, so that people would think it's a LOVELY product with SUCH WONDERFUL FEATURES, the guy just seems like a fu**ing g*y when he holds the AC controller and says " Plasma filter-ready/double speed fan/READY/timer-ready/sleep/ready.." while playing the great METAL GEAR SOLID 2.I hate that.
Thu 15/04/04 at 16:49
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Parr wrote:
> cheese

Of Course!
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:01
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Hmmmm.
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:03
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Cusack wrote:
> g*y

Is 'gay' swearing now?
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:05
Regular
"Time Up"
It's not swearing, he actually seems to be one.
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:12
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Well, this is obviously a very serious thing we're dealing with here. I don't know how others could be laughing at you Cusack, really. After all, this is certainly no laughing matter.

There could be serious consequences if you don't do something about this, what I suggest you do is head for the Konami website and use the 'contact us' link (I'm assuming there is one) to e-mail them and tell them about this DISGUSTING occurence. It's the only way.

How anyone could disgrace MGS2 in this way is beyond me. It is an abomination that this has been allowed to happen.

Glad to be of assistance.
Your man,
Memo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.