GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VERY IMPORTANT THREAD- PLEASE JOIN"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 12:41
Regular
"Time Up"
I live in Egypt, many of you already know about that, I'm just telling the ones who don't know to understand the problem. Now the thing is yeterday when I was watching T.V, I saw a commercial about an air conditioner, the actors were supposed to be in a space ship, one of them was eating chocolate and singing, and I noticed that the background music was the beggining of the Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty theme, so suddenly a problem happened, then the guy who was eating all of a sudden took a remote for the A.C and used it to solve the problem, and here comes ome of the most stupid things I have ever seen, the background music continued as the guy kept using the A.C and they were clearly using it without permission from Konami, and they clearly took the advantage that almost nobody here knows about the game, and they were clearly using it for merchandise, I waited till the end, and they didn't mention anything about the copyrights, offcourse Konami don't watch Egyptian T.V, so they couldn't have known about it, so what I want to do is tell them, so can anyone tell me what should I do ?
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:41
Regular
"Time Up"
I live in Egypt, many of you already know about that, I'm just telling the ones who don't know to understand the problem. Now the thing is yeterday when I was watching T.V, I saw a commercial about an air conditioner, the actors were supposed to be in a space ship, one of them was eating chocolate and singing, and I noticed that the background music was the beggining of the Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty theme, so suddenly a problem happened, then the guy who was eating all of a sudden took a remote for the A.C and used it to solve the problem, and here comes ome of the most stupid things I have ever seen, the background music continued as the guy kept using the A.C and they were clearly using it without permission from Konami, and they clearly took the advantage that almost nobody here knows about the game, and they were clearly using it for merchandise, I waited till the end, and they didn't mention anything about the copyrights, offcourse Konami don't watch Egyptian T.V, so they couldn't have known about it, so what I want to do is tell them, so can anyone tell me what should I do ?
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:42
Regular
*sniggers*
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:48
Regular
Maybe they got permission from Harry Gregson-Williams, although I doubt it.

Just leave it, it's not exactly a big deal now, is it?
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:50
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I'd start a petition. Actually no I wouldn't, but i think you should because it'll help you see how many people give a rat's a$$.
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:51
Regular
"Plate of glue"
How did you come across this site if you live in Egypt?
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:51
Regular
"Teal'c"
Clearly.
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:58
Regular
"Time Up"
..::CGJ::.. wrote:
> How did you come across this site if you live in Egypt?
They don't sell ps2 games in Egypt, I kept searching the internet till I found this site.
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Oh
Regular
"Time Up"
Cub!st wrote:
> I'd start a petition. Actually no I wouldn't, but i think you should
> because it'll help you see how many people give a rat's a$$.
EXACTLY. Now how do I start a petition, but how ? I've never done anything similar .
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:59
Regular
" BIG DOG"
what is
the point

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.