GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VERY IMPORTANT THREAD- PLEASE JOIN"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 12:41
Regular
"Time Up"
I live in Egypt, many of you already know about that, I'm just telling the ones who don't know to understand the problem. Now the thing is yeterday when I was watching T.V, I saw a commercial about an air conditioner, the actors were supposed to be in a space ship, one of them was eating chocolate and singing, and I noticed that the background music was the beggining of the Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty theme, so suddenly a problem happened, then the guy who was eating all of a sudden took a remote for the A.C and used it to solve the problem, and here comes ome of the most stupid things I have ever seen, the background music continued as the guy kept using the A.C and they were clearly using it without permission from Konami, and they clearly took the advantage that almost nobody here knows about the game, and they were clearly using it for merchandise, I waited till the end, and they didn't mention anything about the copyrights, offcourse Konami don't watch Egyptian T.V, so they couldn't have known about it, so what I want to do is tell them, so can anyone tell me what should I do ?
Thu 15/04/04 at 19:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Sarcasm is lost on you.
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:24
Regular
"Time Up"
Memorandum! wrote:

>what I suggest you do is head for the Konami website and use
> the 'contact us' link (I'm assuming there is one) to e-mail them and
> tell them about this DISGUSTING occurence. It's the only way.
That's the first thing I did, and thanks for supporting me.
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:23
Regular
"Time Up"
Geffdof wrote:
> Do you see the game? is the name mentioned? or is it just the music?
> Is it even the same music or just similsr? Why am i even asking? Am i
> really this board?
It is exactly the same, recorded, not re-played, taken from the ost cd, and it's contents are copyrighted by Konami.
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:21
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I think the word you're looking for is 'bored', wood-boy.
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:19
Regular
"lets go back"
Do you see the game? is the name mentioned? or is it just the music? Is it even the same music or just similsr? Why am i even asking? Am i really this board?
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:12
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Well, this is obviously a very serious thing we're dealing with here. I don't know how others could be laughing at you Cusack, really. After all, this is certainly no laughing matter.

There could be serious consequences if you don't do something about this, what I suggest you do is head for the Konami website and use the 'contact us' link (I'm assuming there is one) to e-mail them and tell them about this DISGUSTING occurence. It's the only way.

How anyone could disgrace MGS2 in this way is beyond me. It is an abomination that this has been allowed to happen.

Glad to be of assistance.
Your man,
Memo.
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:05
Regular
"Time Up"
It's not swearing, he actually seems to be one.
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:03
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Cusack wrote:
> g*y

Is 'gay' swearing now?
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:01
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Hmmmm.
Thu 15/04/04 at 16:49
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Parr wrote:
> cheese

Of Course!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.