GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aston Villa 3 Chelsea 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/04/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Wahooo, what a game.

After drawing with Man City and Bolton, it looked as though our Champions League dream was coming to a end, seeing Chelsea and Newcastle next on the list...

That was until today. The first half hour was like a battling game with Chelsea maybe being the better side and going 1-0 up. Things were lucking bad for us and a draw would of been a good result.

We already beat Chelsea earlier this season to knock them out the Champions League.

Things started to liven up after Melchiot climbed on Barry in the box for the ref to point at the spot. I had a strange feeling we were gonna miss. Vassell stepped up and drove it straight down the middle to beat the keeper... 1-1.

From then we looked like the better side and were more likley to get the 2nd before half-time. The atmosphere was amazing and Chelsea were beggining to crumble. We were playing at our best again, without the likes of Delaney, Angel and Solano and were pressuring Chelsea,

Half-time blew and we were all hoping we'd start the second half how we left off.

We started great and I think it was Vassell pelted a shot which the goalkeeper saved only to rebound to Crouch who had an easy tap in. He did what he did best and missed the target. It felt like it was gonna be one of those days.

We were looking the better side and were pressuring Chelsea with them having few attacks. Hitzlesperger received the ball, all around the ground could be heard Shooooooooooooooot. BANG! Hitzlesperger blasted the ball straight into the net from 30 yards... 2-1

Not soon after Hendrie scored the 3rd and then got subbed of 5 minutes later.

It was game over and it looked like Chelsea weren't bothered and I thought we were gonna get 4 or maybe 5. That wasn't the case, as deep into injury time Crespo scored his 2nd with a great finish to get a consolation.

I waited until the final whistle to catch the other results to find Liverpool lost again 1-0 to Charlton.

Just hope we can put another performance like this against Newcastle next week.

1 point off that Champions League spot.

=D
Sun 18/04/04 at 18:27
Regular
"Baros!!!"
0-0 draw against Newcastle, but I thought we should of taken care of getting all 3 points after seeing Newcastle go down to ten men after ten minutes.

A win would of put us 4th, 2 points clear of Liverpool and it looked like we were going to do after starting off the first ten minutes on the attack and seeing O'Brien get sent off.

Somehow Newcastle came to life after the sending off and were having the better chances, although we looked more dangerous on the attacks. We kept pushing forward but we weren't testing the goalie as much as we should of done.

The tension started to show in the last 15-20 minutes of the games with a few words being said among the players. The ref was rubbish although he did help us by sending O'Brien off and giving us 2 corners which were goal kicks.

I'd love to have seen what Bobby Robson had to say, as he seemed very p'd of on the touchline.

Still, a draw isn't too bad and we are only a point of 4th (2 because of the Goal difference). Just hope Newcaslt elose their game in hand.

Getting very exciting. Newcaslte play Chelsea, and Liverpool play Man United next week. Hopefully they will both lose and they still have to play each other at the end of the season, which gives us an advantage.
Tue 13/04/04 at 20:37
Regular
Absolu? Neó wrote:
> Silent Scope wrote:
> Heh Solskjaers' tagline is ironic now :P
>
> Not really since Chelsea did knock you out of the Champions League :)

Ya but he doesn't support Chelski does he? And I bet he thought we were going to collapse after that in the League.
Tue 13/04/04 at 20:24
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Brilliant. If Edgy was here he'd call a Boosh CheckmateTM!
Tue 13/04/04 at 20:22
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Silent Scope wrote:

Not really since Chelsea did knock you out of the Champions League :)
Tue 13/04/04 at 20:15
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Silent Scope wrote:

"Arsénal 1-2 Chelski"

'Tis.
Tue 13/04/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Baros!!!"
It's all getiing exciting now.

The battle for 4th is getting closer, and then you have to think about finishing above Birmingham aswell.

Next week looks good, with Charlton playing Birmingham, and us playing Newcastle.

If we can find a win against Newcastle it will look like it's in our favour providing Liverpool don't win Fulham.

Liverpool and Newcastle still have to play each other aswell.
Tue 13/04/04 at 19:07
Regular
Heh Solskjaers' tagline is ironic now :P
Tue 13/04/04 at 18:46
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Solskjær wrote:

> I laugh at you for losing to Villa! :D

he'll be laughing at you when we beat United at the end of the season.
Tue 13/04/04 at 18:33
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Veron was alright, but he'll never play to his full potential on the wings, he needs to be given a central free role with defensive protection as he doesn't like to defend.

One thing we know is the title is Arsenal's, it's the battle for 2nd place and really it's in Man Utd's hands now because although Chelsea have a 6 Point lead, they still have to come and play us at Old Trafford, which I think will decide it.
Tue 13/04/04 at 17:32
Regular
veron was damn good for chelsea, the man utd supporting press and those wanting chelsea to fall flat on their face were the only ones didding him. Anyone who actually saw him play matches in full saw he was playing very well. Its no coincidence that chelsea were joint top of the league veron and Duff get injured and we go through a nightmare run after xmas.

Veron was laying of deft passes and precision balls and bringing out the best in a lot of players, can't wait for him to be fully fit again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.