GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aston Villa 3 Chelsea 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/04/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Wahooo, what a game.

After drawing with Man City and Bolton, it looked as though our Champions League dream was coming to a end, seeing Chelsea and Newcastle next on the list...

That was until today. The first half hour was like a battling game with Chelsea maybe being the better side and going 1-0 up. Things were lucking bad for us and a draw would of been a good result.

We already beat Chelsea earlier this season to knock them out the Champions League.

Things started to liven up after Melchiot climbed on Barry in the box for the ref to point at the spot. I had a strange feeling we were gonna miss. Vassell stepped up and drove it straight down the middle to beat the keeper... 1-1.

From then we looked like the better side and were more likley to get the 2nd before half-time. The atmosphere was amazing and Chelsea were beggining to crumble. We were playing at our best again, without the likes of Delaney, Angel and Solano and were pressuring Chelsea,

Half-time blew and we were all hoping we'd start the second half how we left off.

We started great and I think it was Vassell pelted a shot which the goalkeeper saved only to rebound to Crouch who had an easy tap in. He did what he did best and missed the target. It felt like it was gonna be one of those days.

We were looking the better side and were pressuring Chelsea with them having few attacks. Hitzlesperger received the ball, all around the ground could be heard Shooooooooooooooot. BANG! Hitzlesperger blasted the ball straight into the net from 30 yards... 2-1

Not soon after Hendrie scored the 3rd and then got subbed of 5 minutes later.

It was game over and it looked like Chelsea weren't bothered and I thought we were gonna get 4 or maybe 5. That wasn't the case, as deep into injury time Crespo scored his 2nd with a great finish to get a consolation.

I waited until the final whistle to catch the other results to find Liverpool lost again 1-0 to Charlton.

Just hope we can put another performance like this against Newcastle next week.

1 point off that Champions League spot.

=D
Mon 12/04/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Wahooo, what a game.

After drawing with Man City and Bolton, it looked as though our Champions League dream was coming to a end, seeing Chelsea and Newcastle next on the list...

That was until today. The first half hour was like a battling game with Chelsea maybe being the better side and going 1-0 up. Things were lucking bad for us and a draw would of been a good result.

We already beat Chelsea earlier this season to knock them out the Champions League.

Things started to liven up after Melchiot climbed on Barry in the box for the ref to point at the spot. I had a strange feeling we were gonna miss. Vassell stepped up and drove it straight down the middle to beat the keeper... 1-1.

From then we looked like the better side and were more likley to get the 2nd before half-time. The atmosphere was amazing and Chelsea were beggining to crumble. We were playing at our best again, without the likes of Delaney, Angel and Solano and were pressuring Chelsea,

Half-time blew and we were all hoping we'd start the second half how we left off.

We started great and I think it was Vassell pelted a shot which the goalkeeper saved only to rebound to Crouch who had an easy tap in. He did what he did best and missed the target. It felt like it was gonna be one of those days.

We were looking the better side and were pressuring Chelsea with them having few attacks. Hitzlesperger received the ball, all around the ground could be heard Shooooooooooooooot. BANG! Hitzlesperger blasted the ball straight into the net from 30 yards... 2-1

Not soon after Hendrie scored the 3rd and then got subbed of 5 minutes later.

It was game over and it looked like Chelsea weren't bothered and I thought we were gonna get 4 or maybe 5. That wasn't the case, as deep into injury time Crespo scored his 2nd with a great finish to get a consolation.

I waited until the final whistle to catch the other results to find Liverpool lost again 1-0 to Charlton.

Just hope we can put another performance like this against Newcastle next week.

1 point off that Champions League spot.

=D
Mon 12/04/04 at 18:57
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
i thought aston villa played outstanding.
ranieri made some bad decisions in his lineup i feel.
crespos second was a cracker though great game good result.
Mon 12/04/04 at 20:05
Regular
Crespo's 2nd goal was indeed class.

Top stuff from Villa though and done us a favour.

Only 5 points behind Chelsea now with 2 games in hand.
Mon 12/04/04 at 20:43
Regular
no your not your 6 behind with far worse Goal difference (6 goals). we still have theinitiative. it was always aresnals title.

played villa.
Mon 12/04/04 at 20:44
Regular
geremi was the mistake. should have been parker in the middle, veron outwide.
Mon 12/04/04 at 21:02
Regular
Damn, got a little ahead of myself.

We've got two games before you play again, so potentially could be 2nd by the time you play Everton (if only for a few hours). As for the GD.. dont forget our next game is agaisnt Leicester which is a potential goal fest with them conceding an average of 2 goals per game away from home.
Tue 13/04/04 at 15:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Ashley wrote:
"geremi was the mistake. should have been parker in the middle, veron outwide."
-----

Heh. You lot obviously haven't learnt anything anything from Veron's time at Old Trafford in the Premiership...

By all means, play Scott Parker inside - but, it should be 'Veron outSIDE'; not out-wide! :P

;)

I laugh at you for losing to Villa! :D
Tue 13/04/04 at 17:32
Regular
veron was damn good for chelsea, the man utd supporting press and those wanting chelsea to fall flat on their face were the only ones didding him. Anyone who actually saw him play matches in full saw he was playing very well. Its no coincidence that chelsea were joint top of the league veron and Duff get injured and we go through a nightmare run after xmas.

Veron was laying of deft passes and precision balls and bringing out the best in a lot of players, can't wait for him to be fully fit again.
Tue 13/04/04 at 18:33
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Veron was alright, but he'll never play to his full potential on the wings, he needs to be given a central free role with defensive protection as he doesn't like to defend.

One thing we know is the title is Arsenal's, it's the battle for 2nd place and really it's in Man Utd's hands now because although Chelsea have a 6 Point lead, they still have to come and play us at Old Trafford, which I think will decide it.
Tue 13/04/04 at 18:46
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Solskjær wrote:

> I laugh at you for losing to Villa! :D

he'll be laughing at you when we beat United at the end of the season.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.