GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yoshi's Touch & Go"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Yoshi's Touch & Go'.
Wed 23/03/05 at 22:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Got this today or whatever a certain canadian circular disc provider - £17.99 mmm and so far it is very very good. This is the kind of game the DS was made for, should have been a launch.
Starting off I just about made it to the ground and wasn't doing too badly, but then things get SO hectic, and you have to have the reactions and drawing skills of a considerably intelligent cat to get through them.
After a couple of hours I opened up the 2 extra modes, and although all 4 offer the same basic principle (score points and don't die) it's nice to have a little variation.
This really is a different type of gaming, I promise you that you won't find ANYTHING like this anywhere else, and it is fantastic. It's EASILY my best DS game, perfect for short blasts and lengthy score beating sessions. The lack of any story mode renders it as more of a puzzle title than anything else, and there aren't any levels as such, it's just all continuous and randomly generated. That might be a disappointment to someone looking for the next Mario World or Yoshi's Island but what it really means is that you should never get bored, because you can never say you've "completed" it.

I'm not sure yet whether I prefer the sky falling or the yoshi running. Sky falling is quite a lot harder seeing as you have to predict what will happen in a vertical fashion, whereas the yoshi bits rely more on reactions and timing, but then again you do get more chances in the sky falling.

So those of you willing to import (and at £17.99 why wouldn't you), get it NOW, as you really won't regret it. And those of you who don't have credit cards or whatever, start raising the £30 now to buy it on release day. This is the kind of game that you bought your DS for, so you better not miss out.

High Scores
Score Attack: 404 points
Marathon: 3730yds
Time Attack: 2:41:1
Challenge: 1798yds

Challenge is well hard. Get your scores in and I'll put em in here. Also sorry for the misspelling in the title. The game is actually called Yoshi Touch & Go, which is slightly more sinister and bestial, if you ask me.
Sun 03/04/05 at 21:22
Regular
"Remember me?"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> Albino-Man wrote:
> Pre-ordered my US one and 10 days after release it STILL hasn't
> arrived. Was dispatched ages ago too.
>
> Bah.
>
> Its the same problem with me...
>
> Videogamesplus?

Bang on.

It arrived yesterday. Better late than never, I suppose.
Sun 03/04/05 at 21:13
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
So far...

Score Attack: 318
Marathon: 3912
Fri 25/03/05 at 23:58
Regular
"tokyo police club"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Bored of it yet?
> That's my only concern.

Erm... not bored. I just don't feel much of an incentive to play anymore. Don't feel like there's much of a reason to pick it up and dodge stuff to try and get a high score - even if I do, I mean, what's going to happen?
Fri 25/03/05 at 23:55
"Majestic"
Albino-Man wrote:
> Pre-ordered my US one and 10 days after release it STILL hasn't
> arrived. Was dispatched ages ago too.
>
> Bah.

Its the same problem with me...

Videogamesplus?
Fri 25/03/05 at 23:15
"period drama"
Ah ... I thought there might be some more mini-games like Mario 64 or something.

Bored of it yet?
That's my only concern.
Fri 25/03/05 at 23:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
4 different variations of the main game (each one superb) and a little crappy balloon popping mini game if you get the highest score on each.
Fri 25/03/05 at 23:09
"period drama"
How many mini-games are there?
Fri 25/03/05 at 20:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
High Scores

Score Attack - 352
Marathon - 3, 815
Time Attack - 2:54:4
Challenge - 3044

Got high scores on all of the commies now, unlocking the balloon popping mini-game... which is quite a let down, I must say. I thought it may be, like... pretty good. But it's like some early 90's free-ware game.
Fri 25/03/05 at 14:44
Regular
"tokyo police club"
High Scores

Score Attack - 352
Marathon - 3, 815
Time Attack - nil
Challenge - 1803yds.

I came close to beating the commies in Time Attack, then the timer jumped over 3 minutes, so I gave in.
Fri 25/03/05 at 14:40
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Unloced Challenge mode earlier today. Just trying to get high scores on the two unlocked mini-games so I can get the supposed 'balloon' mini game. Don't know what it is, and really don't care.

Loving it, still.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.