GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 3 opinions...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect'.
Thu 24/03/05 at 17:39
Regular
Absoloutly su-fooking-poib!

I don't get where the magazines and web sites are coming from when they say very little has changed since TS2. So much has changed, all i can think is they didn't really play much of TS2 to notice.

For starters the days of twitchy unprecise aiming are over, using sniper rifles is a breeze and getting head shots from far away is no problem at all. Along with that they've now put in a decent reticule system that glows red when you're aiming at an enemy.

Single player while not ground breaking is a hell of a lot more fun than they made out. If you played and enjoyed Goldeneye or Perfect Dark then you should definetly get a kick out of this. It's certainly a lot better done than TS2 and there's no more moments where the computer seems to get off insanely impossible shots on you. The level design also seems to be a lot better, still quite linear but nowhere near as claustrophobic as some of the levels in TS2. Oh there's also a reasonable storyline instead o fthe jumbled mess that was the last game.

Also the bots in multiplayer no longer seem to know exactly where you are on the map all the time which is a massive bonus. So all is good and I highly recommend you get this game if you like light hearted arcade shooting games with a sense of humour.

There's tons of stuff I've missed out but I can't be assed to type anymore. I'm gonna stay offline tonight and play some single player and then take it online tomorrow night.
Fri 01/04/05 at 22:06
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
It arrived today. At first I wished I had got Chaos Theory instead, but 20 mins into the game I was loving it!

Top tip of the day: If you want some easy kills, play virus and shoot anything that moves - The non-infected bots run around, not shooting anyone.
Thu 31/03/05 at 21:31
Regular
Definitely, every kill you make shows up there ... Story, League, Challenge, Arcade and Online
Thu 31/03/05 at 20:12
Regular
"8==="
Do the kills you get in Arcade show up in your stats then?
Thu 31/03/05 at 20:09
Regular
I'm whoopin' some ass now, been playing for exactly 19 hours 0_o

I've done 19/21 of the Challenges, just can't kill the Splitters quick enough on the Vietnam Story Classic...grrr

I've now done 24/27 of the Arcade league(s) but am finding the Thief against a team of Brains very difficult, I managed a score of 20

Stats

Kills : 4678
Losses : 778
Heads Knocked Off : 801 (Gold award)
Animal Cruelty : 733

Phew!
Wed 30/03/05 at 22:02
Regular
"8==="
Quick question: When you go online it does keep track of your kills and deaths right?

It seems a bit limited offline, which is a shame. I want to rack up my offline kills aswell.
Wed 30/03/05 at 15:15
Regular
"8==="
Just got it using Col's genius idea. 20 quid OH YEAH!
Mon 28/03/05 at 16:41
Regular
"Remember me?"
Absolutely loving this game so far. Played as far as "Mansion of Madness" on Story mode before being killed by a red ghost woman / shotgun wielding zombie combo. Then had a quick go on Live on the disco level. Fecking class. Every bit as good as TimeSplitters 2, but with a good story. I'll be playing this for months.
Sun 27/03/05 at 22:35
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Crazi col wrote:
> I love the challenge were you have to make the cyborg monkeys keep
> dancing using the electric shocker.

This is rather funny but got kinda hard. Reallly liking the single/co-op and those dead cow things just wouldnt die?! Captin Ash is ace!
Sun 27/03/05 at 22:17
Regular
"Ruddie1"
And DS games think you'll find? Same as Game
Sat 26/03/05 at 22:37
Regular
"wa hay"
yeh iv'e traded 4 games at gamestation and we got mgs3 cool. they don't accept wrestling and pc and football games. we traded in 4 of the crapiest games ever made 4 the xbox.they will only accept games from the 3 main consle ps2, gc and xbox.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.