GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 3 opinions...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect'.
Thu 24/03/05 at 17:39
Regular
Absoloutly su-fooking-poib!

I don't get where the magazines and web sites are coming from when they say very little has changed since TS2. So much has changed, all i can think is they didn't really play much of TS2 to notice.

For starters the days of twitchy unprecise aiming are over, using sniper rifles is a breeze and getting head shots from far away is no problem at all. Along with that they've now put in a decent reticule system that glows red when you're aiming at an enemy.

Single player while not ground breaking is a hell of a lot more fun than they made out. If you played and enjoyed Goldeneye or Perfect Dark then you should definetly get a kick out of this. It's certainly a lot better done than TS2 and there's no more moments where the computer seems to get off insanely impossible shots on you. The level design also seems to be a lot better, still quite linear but nowhere near as claustrophobic as some of the levels in TS2. Oh there's also a reasonable storyline instead o fthe jumbled mess that was the last game.

Also the bots in multiplayer no longer seem to know exactly where you are on the map all the time which is a massive bonus. So all is good and I highly recommend you get this game if you like light hearted arcade shooting games with a sense of humour.

There's tons of stuff I've missed out but I can't be assed to type anymore. I'm gonna stay offline tonight and play some single player and then take it online tomorrow night.
Sat 16/04/05 at 19:02
Regular
"monkeying around"
have you completed it on hard
Wed 13/04/05 at 17:23
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
This just came through my door today.

Will look into the Story mode tonight, to get to grips with it, and then will take on the world, I guess.
Wed 13/04/05 at 17:18
Regular
"8==="
Stridman wrote:
> I take it that patch is for Xbox only? Discriminating bast*rds...

Xbox has a harddisk.
Wed 13/04/05 at 17:18
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> Good to see they'll be adding the option to turn off small characters
> though.

Good to see this. I've only played against a monkey once and we had a very tactical 10 minute game where I beat him 3/2 on his own setup.

Could hear him ranting over the final scoreboards though. :D
Wed 13/04/05 at 17:17
Regular
": ("
I take it that patch is for Xbox only? Discriminating bast*rds...
Wed 13/04/05 at 17:16
Regular
"8==="
Aside from the fact you can easily cheat on a two tiled created level.
Wed 13/04/05 at 13:01
Regular
No need for a stat reset.

Hell I thought they'd already patched it as I've been playing quite a lot recently and the servers seem to be running with no problems at all. None of the lag issues or that were around when it was first released.

Good to see they'll be adding the option to turn off small characters though.
Wed 13/04/05 at 02:49
Regular
"8==="
Should be a stat-reset with that too then.
Wed 13/04/05 at 00:38
Regular
"Touched!"
Finally EA have given details on the TS3 patch:

Change List:

- Added Clans
- Added a display that shows game network quality
- Mapmaker maps will not longer report stats
- Added a Message of the Day
- Added a Disable Small Characters option
- Added a menu to allow maps to be Recommended
- Fixed an issue where Post Game the Host couldn't select Change Game Type when starting off on a created map maker level
- Added a Mapmaker option in Change Game Type in the End Game Menu
- Added the ability to modify custom weapon sets when changing game type
- Implemented changes to XBOX Live login
- Implemented a change so Challenge Mode is not duplicated in offline and online modes
- Fixed a problem where the team select menu only updates when people have pressed go
- Fixed issues on team select menu
- Added a countdown before leaving the lobby and entering the game
- Added a countdown on the Team Select screen
- Players can now see who is the host
- Leaderboards will now update instantly
- Change to the statistic upload to be fairer to clients who lose connection during a game
- Added a method of limiting map uploads
- Map share will now show number of downloads
- Map share will now allow for more complex searches
- Fixed problem where Map Share sometimes shows ratings higher than 5
- Fixed a problem where the Saving Download Map displayed the wrong default name
- Fixed a problem where Replays/stats would often not upload
- Fixed a problem where a rank of -1 was displayed for unlisted players
- Improved voice quality
- Fixed a issue where players can't join games
- Fixed issue where user is reported to have been 'kicked' when actually they haven't
- Adding more obvious message when the Host leaves the game

Expect it in 3-4 weeks.
Fri 08/04/05 at 12:52
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I still don't get it.

Explain...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.