GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"USB Modems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/04/04 at 22:55
Regular
"Nobody Home"
I have been told that USB Broadband Modems are not very good. Is this true? Would I be better off with a router?

If I used USB on a 512kb/s connection, what sort of Pings should I expect playing on a UK Server?

I am getting my broadband from Force9.
Sun 18/04/04 at 21:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Turbonutter wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> phi11ip wrote:
> You can easliy fill 6 of them...
>
> Mouse
>
> I use the PS2 port like everyone else...
>
> With a 40hz sample rate, I don't think so.

Err...wha?
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:42
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
danieldone wrote:
> I think most things a few metres away will be 1ms, considering its
> electrical, so pretty close to the speed of light.

Well, my network latency to this computer - through about 20m of cabling an a 10/100 switch - is about 0.2ms. So less than that :-)
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
cookie monster wrote:
> phi11ip wrote:
>
> Mouse
>
> I use the PS2 port like everyone else...

With a 40hz sample rate, I don't think so.
Sun 18/04/04 at 19:52
Regular
"Nobody Home"
o yeah. And I have most things to plug into my PC :D Me = Sadddddd
Sun 18/04/04 at 19:51
Regular
"Nobody Home"
I think most things a few metres away will be 1ms, considering its electrical, so pretty close to the speed of light.
Sun 18/04/04 at 19:28
Regular
"Digging!"
I use 4 of my 6 USB ports:

1. Broadband Modem (self ping latency at <1ms for those who don't trust USB modems)
2. Net MD player cradle
3. Digital camera
4. Flatbed Scanner
Sun 18/04/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Nobody Home"
O yeah! I have 10 USB Ports. There is 2 in the front of my case. lol. Forgot about those.
Sun 18/04/04 at 17:30
Regular
Well I was bored so I tried it out...

Ping of 6ms! W00t
Sun 18/04/04 at 17:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
phi11ip wrote:
>
> Mouse

I use the PS2 port like everyone else...
Sun 18/04/04 at 17:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have 4 ports, but could have 6 or 8 cant remember which. I have the 2 on the back of the motherboard and then two on top of the case which are hidden and are part of the case. Have the back two filled with a ADSL modem and the printer/scanner all in one. And then the top USB ports are excellent for attaching my digital camera. Have got a top firewire port as well but as the case is a massive full tower Xaser 3 one the lead cant reach the motherboard, so I have had to use the back firewire ports for my digital camcorder.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.