GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheap PS2. Where ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/04/01 at 20:33
Regular
Can any one tell me where to find the best PS2 deal?
Wed 11/04/01 at 20:33
Can any one tell me where to find the best PS2 deal?
Wed 11/04/01 at 20:46
Regular
"You've upset me"
The best? A mail order company called Special Reserve do the best deal

:-D
Wed 11/04/01 at 21:47
Thanks Rasta but I have already checked that out.

Anywhere else that is doing good package deals ?
Thu 12/04/01 at 09:20
Regular
"Acid Casual"
There is a site that apparantly offers a PS2 at £150. I say 'apparantly' cos you have to order it at £300 and then they send you £150 back.

The reason I am not telling you who they are is cos

a) This is a special reserve site and I don't think it is fair.

b) Most importantly - this discount site is doing its best to lose evry customer it ever had. They have just closed down their forums section because so many people we posting that they were disgruntled with their orders. Basically the offer has been running since february and so far most people haven't even received their PS2's let alone their cash back. Most of these people have parted with their hard earned cash and are understandably annoyed. The company refuse to answer their phones and rarely reply to an email. I was lucky and due to an error my credit card was never charged. I am now the owner of a £300 PS2 and much happier for it.

Thu 12/04/01 at 09:42
I have seen the 'Planetarian' site which Claw is talking about and I ordered one in Mid March on my Credit Card. Claw is right in saying that they don't answer the phones which is very frustrating!

I have not yet recieved my PS2 but I am not worried 'cos my CC co will cover me if they don't deliver the goods. I am also willing to wait as I can't afford £300 anyway.

My advice. If you want one desperately - then do not use the site above!!!!!

I think the strategy was - get loads of people to order a PS2 and they will come back for the games. The service they offer is so poor I think this will fail.
Thu 12/04/01 at 09:58
Just to clear things up, he isn't talking about us. We are nice people.
Thu 12/04/01 at 10:02
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Exactly - a company that respects their customers.

Thu 12/04/01 at 20:00
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Get it from Special Reserve. I never buy games from the shops or from any other mail order company. This is becuase Special Reserve is reliable, cheap e.t.c. I ordered the PS2 way before the launch date. I got it the day it came out. I've ordered tons of games which I get on the day they come out, and sometimes the day before at a cheaper price than in the shops. £300 is the cheapest you will find. You may get one cheaper but you might have to search. Stick to the people who deliver it to your door and dont waste your money on a small business who just cant deliver.
Fri 13/04/01 at 20:14
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I bought mine from a nearby shop that was doing a deal, PS2 and one game for £299 (very cheap 'cause u get the game) but Special Reserve is the second best deal i have seen.
Tue 24/04/01 at 21:54
Regular
Cheap PS2s. Sounds good. I think the best place to look is the future.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.