GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheap PS2. Where ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/04/01 at 20:33
Regular
Can any one tell me where to find the best PS2 deal?
Fri 27/04/01 at 23:43
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> a nice warm glowy feeling.

I thought that was just what happened if you annoyed Meka_dragon.
Thu 26/04/01 at 14:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I agree.

I'm the 1st to jump up and down and shout (see many previous posts bemoaning the lack of titles for PS2 and delays), but when something is done right,I am also a firm believer in making sure you let them know.

Maybe it's because I spent an eon in the Customer Service Gulag, but one "thanks for that" makes a thousand "you rotters!" bearable.

Didnt expect anything back from them,just thought "Wow, 4 days without any akward questions or hassles,impressive" and said so.

So kids, swear and shout when you get upset, but smile and say thanks when you get what you want.
Thu 26/04/01 at 14:00
"High polygon count"
Goatboy wrote:
> I wrote to say thanks for their efforts and
> recieved a lovely extra controller for being nice.

That was nice!

I mentioned in a post about a week or so ago that people are always quick to complain when things go wrong, but rarely ever say 'thanks' when things go right.

So kudos to you for being one of a rare breed, and let that be a lesson to everyone else: being grateful and saying thanks may bring you extra rewards, apart from a nice warm glowy feeling. (Of course you should never expect a free gift just for saying 'thanks'!)
Thu 26/04/01 at 13:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah but they didnt ask for a receipt or anything, just exchanged it within 4 days.

I wrote to say thanks for their efforts and recieved a lovely extra controller for being nice.

Hurrah for SCEE
Boo to Supermarket chain.

Lesson In This Story:

When something looks too good to be true, it is.
Special Reserve, I strayed and paid the price.
No more shall I seek electronic satisfaction elsewhere.
Thu 26/04/01 at 12:41
"High polygon count"
Goatboy wrote:
> Not at all on the receipt or paperwork you got with it,which is why
> I decided to take action.

> SCEE replaced it, but that's not the
> point, my 1st point of contact was the store, and they basically
> folded their arms and went "yeah? So what?"

That's also good of Sony. I'm not 100% sure, but being that it wasn't an official UK machine, they may have been within their rights to say no.
Thu 26/04/01 at 12:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Not at all on the receipt or paperwork you got with it,which is why I decided to take action.

SCEE replaced it, but that's not the point, my 1st point of contact was the store, and they basically folded their arms and went "yeah? So what?"

We'll see.
Thu 26/04/01 at 12:10
"High polygon count"
Goatboy wrote:
> I had a massive argument with the manager and ended up
> pursuing it in small claims county court (still awaiting outcome)

Good luck with that, Goaty. I dare say that it wasn't made clear there was only a 28-day warranty?
Thu 26/04/01 at 11:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Word of warning in buying one from Tesco:

I got one before Xmas in their "grey market" source, and it went bad in Feb.
They wouldnt do anything about it because their gaurantee only covers 28 days.

You are offered £299 of Tesco vouchers or equivalent item provided it's within 28 days, after that, tough.

I had a massive argument with the manager and ended up pursuing it in small claims county court (still awaiting outcome)
Wed 25/04/01 at 18:59
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Probably have to wait to the release of the Gamecube till the price drops.
Tue 24/04/01 at 21:54
Regular
Cheap PS2s. Sounds good. I think the best place to look is the future.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.