GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Change for Moderators"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/06/06 at 08:53
Regular
"incognito"
There has been a slight change in the way moderators user colours will be shown - from now on moderators will only be shown as such while posting within their own forum.

This is so that confusion does not arise as to who is moderating each forum. This will not affect your status within your own forum.
Thu 08/06/06 at 15:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Arghhh so many name changes *head explodes*

Nice to see the staffie-user interaction is just as good as ever..ahem.
Thu 08/06/06 at 15:38
Regular
"..."
...and just in case my new name was winding you up...I've changed it to something 'more positive' ;-)
Thu 08/06/06 at 15:17
Regular
"..."
M1 wrote:
> Of course the most confusing thing is those people who change
> their nickname to something completely different after they have
> said "goodbye".

At the risk of going down the route of 'Hedfix-esque' internet 'personas'. Cong_Man was a product of the WWE forum and that shaped much of 'his' discussion on the old boards, as that forum has gone, so has that 'persona', to somewhere that he can discuss his favourite topic. However, I'm not a completely one-sided person and still have much to offer this board under a different guise, the change of name merely reflects that, nothing sinister and I'm quite happy to be open about it.

> Here at Freeola, we are quite content with the moderator colour
> and the difference can be seen on the top posters page. For
> those who are less able to distinguish colours, and those who
> use poor monitors, the word "Moderator" under the
> nickname is a dead giveaway.

I accept that fact and did so before I made my post. However, if you're looking down the list quickly, as I often do at work and seeing as you've gone to the trouble of having different colours at all, then a greater difference is a sensible option.

> You are welcome here Cong_Man but please try to balance your
> criticism with something constructive.

I think my criticism was constructive in it's nature, however if you feel 'put-out' by some constructive criticism, then I disagree, I'm not welcome...I'll be happy to give you some positive feedback as soon as I come across something which I feel warrants it. For example, the new shades are much better, thank you.
Thu 08/06/06 at 14:48
Regular
The issue seems a bit trivial to warrant a discussion really. On other well established forums every user is indistinguishable, we may have a post count but unless you click on that user's profile you won't be able to tell what type of member they are, which is how it should be.
Thu 08/06/06 at 14:18
Regular
"Phew!"
Now made slightly lighter/brighter
Thu 08/06/06 at 14:05
Regular
"Phew!"
We'll tweak it a fraction to try to improve it.
Thu 08/06/06 at 13:59
Regular
"lets go back"
Id have to disagree with you M1. Im not colour blind or have any other health problems that stop me from distinguishing colours and I have a decent monitor yet I still think that the moderators colour and the regualar colour are too similar. It would be easier if it stood out a bit more than it does, but it doesnt particularly matter if it doesnt.
Thu 08/06/06 at 13:15
Regular
"Phew!"
Nation of Moderation wrote:
> I'd say that the moderator blue being almost indistinguishable
> from 'regular' blue is far more confusing personally. More
> worryingly it shows that Freeola haven't really thought about
> the colours used. Even a brief dip into the world of human
> computer interaction studies will reveal that a greater
> proportion of people struggle to distinguish different shades of
> blues and greens more than any other colour...

Of course the most confusing thing is those people who change their nickname to something completely different after they have said "goodbye".

Here at Freeola, we are quite content with the moderator colour and the difference can be seen on the top posters page. For those who are less able to distinguish colours, and those who use poor monitors, the word "Moderator" under the nickname is a dead giveaway.

You are welcome here Cong_Man but please try to balance your criticism with something constructive.
Thu 08/06/06 at 13:03
Regular
"..."
I'd say that the moderator blue being almost indistinguishable from 'regular' blue is far more confusing personally. More worryingly it shows that Freeola haven't really thought about the colours used. Even a brief dip into the world of human computer interaction studies will reveal that a greater proportion of people struggle to distinguish different shades of blues and greens more than any other colour...
Thu 08/06/06 at 08:53
Regular
"incognito"
There has been a slight change in the way moderators user colours will be shown - from now on moderators will only be shown as such while posting within their own forum.

This is so that confusion does not arise as to who is moderating each forum. This will not affect your status within your own forum.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.