GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conker Criticisms"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/01 at 22:59
Regular
I have had this game for a week give or take a day and I find the criticisms of this, what I would call 'masterpiece', totally incomprehensible. I just don't understand. People moan about the length. And to that I say....WHAT?!?!?! The Game took me just under 17 hours to complete, and although I almost took that long on Click Clock Wood (Banjo-Kazooie) at my first attempt, I don't feel in the slightest bit 'ripped-off'.

You may not have noticed that when you walk over the dandilions by where you have lead the dog-fish into the wall that all the little bits from the foliage break-off and float in the air, you may also not have noticed that when you leave Conker motionless in the nightclub he dances as oppose to the juggling or drinking that he might anywhere else.

The attention to detail in this game is amazing, and after playing this game through at a slower-than usual pace I was able to enjoy it thoroughly and have no regrets what so ever for getting it. In my view, somthing that shows such creativity and care should be no less that £50 and I don't think that this is anyless of a game than Banjo-Kazooie or even Mario 64. You can have all the graphics you want, and don't get me wrong Conker looks great, but when you have the sheer incomparable gameplay and creativity that this game offers you don't even think about graphics.

Another complaint is the language and rude-ness, this is purely the theme of the game, it is aimed at older viewers and being almost 18, for me it hits the mark. It may not have the arch-typical storyline of obtaining and relocating a nuclear nitrogen based bomb or the like, and frankly I am sick of that sort of thing, but for what it is, which is a damn site better than almost 100% of games out there it is...Marvellous.

The game, through its diversity of crude and somewhat to-taste humor goes through many aspects of life, maybe not to the detail of Shenmue but it vaguely covers war, loss, love, hate, forgiveness, trust, patience. These may all be completely turned around to be seen as humorous, but to say that Rare have copped-out with the gameplay side of things is just plain lunacy.

Personally I can't get over what a great game it is, it is fun, fast-paced and very thorough. Now don't get me wrong, those of you who have had the pleasure of playing this game will know that the end leaves Conker open for a sequel, which I am VERY much looking forward to, but in the sense of the word 'thourough' that I am talking about, I mean there are no parts that have you thinking how? or why?...or that lead you to mis-understand and of the storylines.

I laughed all the way through the game, the voices, the animations, cut-scenes and gameplay had me on the edge of my seat for the 17-hour duration I played the game. I would reccomend this game to Anyone 16+ you will love it.

The Game
Fri 20/11/09 at 15:00
Regular
Just to let everyone know that the next meeting will be held on

Wednesday 23rd December at St Maries RLFC, Heath Road, Widnes
and will start at 7pm.

Please try and attend
Wed 28/10/09 at 12:20
Regular
is the meeting still going on tonight??
Thu 01/10/09 at 12:34
Regular
Hello All.

Just to let everyone know that the next meeting will be an AGM and is to he held on 28th October 2009 at St Maries RLFC, Heath Road at 7pm.

All proposals for rule changes, nominations for positions etc must be handed or emailed to the secretary 7 days before.

Thank you
Tue 29/09/09 at 08:14
Regular
Just a quick reminder that the meeting is tomorrow (wednesday 30th Sep). Please try to attend!
Wed 23/09/09 at 14:24
Regular
i wish u could stay aint becsuse i dont think none ov the lads have got eny intenshern ov takin tha job from you but we will all chat about it at the meeting see u there mate
Wed 23/09/09 at 08:16
Regular
My decision is final. I will attend the meeting to hand everything over and will then leave. I have no plans of staying to see the meeting through.
Tue 22/09/09 at 19:40
Regular
Ant.

Does this mean you have changed your mind about leaving? or is your decision set in stone & you are only interested in finding out what those individuals you speak of, have said?

Disco
Tue 22/09/09 at 08:45
Regular
The date of the next meeting is Wednesday 30th September at St Maries, Heath Road. 7pm
Tue 22/09/09 at 08:43
Regular
club meeting dates and location
Wed 11/04/01 at 23:54
Regular
yeah but i dont like the normal rare platformers. they get boring. Donkey 64 was very boring and annoying having to complte each level with all the characters. Banjo also has alot of playable characters right? besides, No mercy is out this week and thats the only game if any that i will be gettin.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.